Closed Thread
Originally Posted by sharper View Post
Unfortunately one common problem is knowing where and when you can buy their products. I'm particularly confused that they still do this "In select markets" stuff.

It's been the same story with a number of Nokia devices - it gets announced, you hear rumours of release dates, as you get closer you keep checking the dates on various places and they keep moving about. Even when it gets to "release date" you find you can get it on ebay from Hong Kong but not anywhere else. Eventually some weeks/months after you thought you could get it you can buy it through regular channels.

Nokia only seems to communicate release information to its channel partners with no thought for end consumers.

Yeah that I can agree with.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

excuse my bad english, i'm a mexican C developer, i'll been waiting this phone so long that i'm feeling than i need it, i preorder it in amazon and nobody tell me when it arrives, i'm so desperated, can anyone , seriously give me an real shipping date?

Originally Posted by Erebo View Post
excuse my bad english, i'm a mexican C developer, i'll been waiting this phone so long that i'm feeling than i need it, i preorder it in amazon and nobody tell me when it arrives, i'm so desperated, can anyone , seriously give me an real shipping date?
Noone knows or we would - the best we know is sometime in October.

Welcome to the forums
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and I would like to leave my feedback about this device. I think this device will be here this week, next week, or end of October. I believe this because The nokia n97 mini will be in stores on Oct 23 from this website http://www.knowyourmobile.com/blog/3...ease_date.html

So that means N900 should come along with it too just like wat Sony did with their Satio Idou.

HOPEFULLY ^_^

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Brazil
Is there any chance to have a version with 3G in 850? It will really blows here in Brazil, since it will be limiting the choice of the carriers here.

Last edited by Verythrax; 2009-10-12 at 03:22.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
The word on the amazon boards is that

"Just got off the phone with an Amazon customer service representative and I was told Nokia has stated to Amazon the phones will be available last week of Oct."

I just called amazon:

"The customer service rep said that the item is on pre-order and they do not have the information on when it would be shipped."

I said that i was leaving the country soon and i needed a date so that i can decide whether to cancel this order or to order directly from nokia. So she transferred me to the cell phones department where i talked to another lady and she repeated the same. I again reiterated my problem and said that any information if available would be hugely helpful for me. She said she was very sorry as they did not have any information at all to give me.

So amazon does not know when they will get the n900's from nokia.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sachin007 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Welcome dude! Hopefully tomorrow is the release date and we'll start getting our phones Tuesday, but knowing our luck it'll probably be till the end of the month till we get them.

-Socrates 469 BC

Why don't each one of us call amazon/nokia/buy.com and ask them and post their response here. That will give some meaning to this thread rather than blank speculation...

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by sharper View Post
Unfortunately one common problem is knowing where and when you can buy their products. I'm particularly confused that they still do this "In select markets" stuff.
because it's official press release? nokia still is limited liability company. SEC(USA stock market)&, FIVA (OMXH) monitors those. And for every delay one must create new press release. Or company pays millions and spends a lot of time in court. And releasing million press releases year is like kicking investors to nuts every time. (so much noise that there's no point even looking the releases for any important information)

and they cannot give official info outside press releases (court calls again)

so blame SEC & FIVA

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
boost karma here!, collective psychosis, drillee machine, elvis has an n900, fictional hardware, fixed in harmattan, funny tag competition, gimmie-gimmie-gimmie!!!, godot, haiku, is it here yet???, just around the corner, n900 & prejudice, n900 holy war, n900 shipping, no!, peter is so hot, poetry, private investigator, spy satellite, time killer, tweets showcase, urge to kill rising