Notices

I have problem with Maemo Mapper used work just fine with Holux GPS unit and my Nokia N800 before. However, not the GPS locations doesn't match the Google map location! Also, I have noticed downloaded routes don't match the map either. Something seem to be off with maps. Any suggestion to fix it?

I was counting on using the Meamo mapper in case I get lost in my upcoming trip, so hopefully this can be fixed quickly.

I'd start by renaming your existing database and let MM start from scratch. Then fire up MM, reacquire your satellites, and then see if it's alright. If it still isn't, reload MM. If it still isn't, I have no idea what to tell you.

This is probably completely unrelated, but I've noticed (with every MM version) that a satellite map is always off by at least 10 meters in the north/east south/west direction, but spot on in the perpendicular direction. So, looking at a trace it looks like you've been driving along the side of the road until the next turn, after the turn the track follows the road exactly.

This doesn't seem to affect the non-satellite maps.

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by thureen View Post
...Maemo Mapper used work just fine ... However, not the GPS locations doesn't match the Google map location!
You've probably accidentally activated the "Map correction" function at some time.

All you need to do to fix your problem, is to do another "Map correction". Go to this web page, and search for the words "map correction" in the text (it's a long but excellent page!):

Maemo Mapper HowTo by Frago
http://fragostech.com/MaemoMapper/

Regards,
Roger

Originally Posted by eiffel View Post
You've probably accidentally activated the "Map correction" function at some time.

All you need to do to fix your problem, is to do another "Map correction". Go to this web page, and search for the words "map correction" in the text (it's a long but excellent page!):

Maemo Mapper HowTo by Frago
http://fragostech.com/MaemoMapper/

Regards,
Roger

YES! This was my problem. Didn't even realize I had hit that. There actually a "check mark" by Apply Map Correction that I turned off and now it works fine.

Thanks for the help!