Posts: 221 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sendai, Japan
So I decided to upgrade to an n810. Any have one for sale? I would really like to find a wimax edition if at all possible. Let me know if you have anything. Thanks.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
The Nokia N810 WME only supports certain WiMAX frequencies. Pleae verify they work in your country and/or region. The Nokia N810 is discontinued; IOW unsupported. You may be able to buy one via second hand market (e.g. Ebay, Craigslist, ...). A Nokia N810 is much easier to buy. They're sold via various regular channels, as well as second hand market.

Yeah I looked around on ebay but didn't find anything. It made me sad. But yeah, I checked out the frequencies and it looks like the companies that are slowly spreading wimax across Japan (looks like my area, Sendai, is to be soon added to that) is using the same 2.5 GHZ frequency as the n810 wimax supports.

Anyways, the wimax editions seem to be in short supply. If I don't hear anything from anyone hear I will jsut snag one off ebay soon.

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Originally Posted by verumgero View Post
Yeah I looked around on ebay but didn't find anything. It made me sad. But yeah, I checked out the frequencies and it looks like the companies that are slowly spreading wimax across Japan (looks like my area, Sendai, is to be soon added to that) is using the same 2.5 GHZ frequency as the n810 wimax supports.

Anyways, the wimax editions seem to be in short supply. If I don't hear anything from anyone hear I will jsut snag one off ebay soon.
I feel your pain, it took me months to find one. I ended up getting one on Craigslist in Miami (had to go there to pick it up). I see one for sale in SFO sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/sys/1416052203.html,
if you have a friend there maybe they can help out.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by verumgero View Post

Maybe a WiMAX to WiFi converter will be easier. But I recommend to add your search query to your favorites in eBay. Then you can easily follow it, and you won't miss an offer. Be prepared to pay full price given they're rather rare.

Originally Posted by heavyt View Post
I feel your pain, it took me months to find one. I ended up getting one on Craigslist in Miami (had to go there to pick it up). I see one for sale in SFO sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/sys/1416052203.html,
if you have a friend there maybe they can help out.
Thanks for the link, I have a friend who lives in Roseville. A bit of a drive but closer than I am.

Well, I found one so I am out of the market.

Last edited by verumgero; 2009-10-16 at 01:13. Reason: not looking anymore