Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Originally Posted by kryptoniankid17 View Post
actually that sounds like a good idea. i dated a girl that had a book of some sort tracked her cycle.
I had some collegues at work, who used to track their female manager's "moods", so they had some warning, and could plan when to be out of the office.

I have seen at least two girls with Nokia Communicator and one with 7710. So, the target audience may feel a little differently about have-it-all ugly bricks than what everyone assumes.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
horoscope widget
affinity between guy and gal based on horoscope, biorythm, whatever
shopping list app that actually is simple
make a photo of your face and do makeup on screen with familiar fards, eyeliner, lipstick, whatever, or change hair color
supersimple internet radio (click icon to start/stop)

actually that sounds like a good idea. i dated a girl that had a book of some sort tracked her cycle.
Seriously, there are some sophisticated apps for this purpose with advanced tracking features.

The Following User Says Thank You to solideogloria For This Useful Post:
Posts: 297 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ new jersey, usa
Originally Posted by solideogloria View Post
Seriously, there are some sophisticated apps for this purpose with advanced tracking features.
are there any on maemo?

are there any on maemo?
AFAIK not yet.

Posts: 297 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ new jersey, usa
totallyher.com/totallyhers-top-10-iphone-apps-for-girls/ found this site listing the top ten iphone apps for women.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I think the idea for a widget to use the front camera as mirror might be valuable for box sexes: gents please check for spinach on your teeth before dates.

The menstrual calendar app is popular in other platforms, and could be useful for some women on maemo. Equally, a 'pill reminder' might not be a bad idea. If any gentlemen want to take those ideas forward, I have no programming skills but am completely unembarrassable if you need someone to talk you through what's needed.

A Who your real friends really are app would be cool. It gives Karma ratings to everyone in your contact list, and organizes your contact list accordingly.

Actually this would be quiet good for blokes as well

Mike C

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I had the impression (possibly quite wrongly) that n900 arranges your initial contacts view according to 'most frequent' or 'most recent' contacts anyway, and you have to browse for the less regular contacts. I could be wrong, of course.

Not sure awarding contacts 'karma' on my own phone has much value: the point of stuff like that is to reward or punish your contacts, by them knowing they are no longer your 'Best Friend' (as I understand the girlie mind - if my mind were the classical girlie variety, I might not be here...)