I once used over 7GB on an O2 simplicity montly contract. No that's not a typo. 7GB. I was moving houses and had to tether my mobile while my ISP took their sweet time installing the connection in the new place.

I didn't get charged anything extra. Although I did get warning texts from them by the end of the month. This was a 1 time thing but I normally end up going over the 250MB fair use policy per month anyway.

Last edited by vdx29; 2009-10-19 at 14:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to vdx29 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 29 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by vdx29 View Post
I normally end up going over the 500MB fair use policy per month anyway.
Is O2 Simplicity's fair usage limit set to 500mb? I've heard elsewhere it was 250mb. Then again, I can't seem to find an actual figure in the T&C on their site.

I'm kinda torn over which network to go with based on each of their internet data services.

Last edited by ae0n; 2009-10-19 at 13:41.

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ West Kirby, UK
I often go over 250MB and have not heard from O2

Originally Posted by ae0n View Post
Is O2 Simplicity's fair usage limit set to 500mb? I've heard elsewhere it was 250mb.
Sorry. That WAS a typo . It is 250MB. Or was last I checked. It was 250MB when I started and this was mentioned in their T&C then. Which again is quite astounding as I go way over this every month.

Right guys, be gentle, a newbie here but i'm going to throw a big spanner into the works here in terms of how to get a sim free N900 direct from Nokia for the princely sum of: £310.61 (also works for anyother Nokia phones but as this a N900 thread)

You have until the 21st October for this to work.

first go to http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ and create an account, they're a bit like quidco but no fees, bascically they have agreements in place with merchants where a % of your purchase is passed on to you in the form of cashback, this is usually paid 2-3 months after your purchase has been verified and will go either into your bank account or paypal depending on what you've entered as your preferred payment option.

Ok, once logged in and signed up, click on search in the merchants and you will see Nokia, it show's 10% off, if you're signed in and click the visit merchant button you will then open a new window that will take you to the Nokia UK website, add the N900 (or whichever phone you wish to purchase in the cart and checkout).

Once you have checked out you will see that the sum being asked for is £499 inc free delivery.

Ok, scroll to the "Enter Promotion Discount" box and enter: AFFUK15

This will reduce £74.85 off the phone should now come up at a rate of £424.15

Again go to the "Enter Promotion Discount" box and enter: SOCUK15

This will reduce £63.62 off the phone should now come up at a rate of £360.53.

Please note that topcashback on the discount codes & deals tab of the nokia retail page says:
You can use both codes AFFUK15 and SOCUK15 at the same time.

I have just tried it now and it does work!

Ok so the phone is now down to £360.51 which is pretty damn good, well because you used Topcashback you will get 10% off the price, no not the final price with all the discounts but in fact the starting price which is £499 so you will get cash in your account or paypal for another £49.90 meaning your N900 will have cost you £310.61.

I believe the Soc Media discount code is going to expire on the 21st of October.

I have received confirmation of my order from Nokia by Email and Topcashback has also tracked my order.

Hope this helps some of you.

Any questions, give me a shout.

Hass

Last edited by hass; 2009-10-19 at 14:19.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to hass For This Useful Post:
Wow. Order placed in a hurry so wrought with excitement that I failed to enter my credit card number correctly several times consecutively.

Here's hoping they don't cancel the order/deny cash back.

Posts: 474 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford, UK
Nice. I cancelled my preorder which was using the SOCUK15 code alone, and followed your instructions.

It's not showing in topcashback yet, and if it doesn't show up in a few days, it'll be too late to place the order again with those promo codes.

But even if topcashback doesn't work out, the saving from the two promo codes is better than one :-D Thanks Hass.

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by hass View Post
... how to get a sim free N900 direct from Nokia for the princely sum of: £310.61 ...
Hass man, you are a genius! And thank you for setting out all the steps so carefully. This pricing was the "tipping point" for me, and I've just placed my order.

But, you missed one little thing! If people create their TopCashBack account by following this link:
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/eiffel
then I get a £2.50 bonus when they make their purchase.

(Naturally, hass, you are the one who deserves the bonus, so if you post your affiliate link then I am happy to edit this post to remove mine. In the meantime, anyone who orders an N900 this way, please use the link above to sign up.)

Once again, thanks hass. I've got my fingers crossed that the cashback will come through, but even if it doesn't it's still a good price.

Regards,
Roger

[ edit: Hass is happy for people to use either link. Here's his: http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/hass80 ]

Last edited by eiffel; 2009-10-19 at 16:25.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eiffel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Although http://www.topcashback.co.uk/Nokia/discountcodes says you can use both AFFUK15 and SOCUK15 at the same time, I wonder if that's really true, or whether Nokia might cancel the orders. It seems too good to be true.

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
Although http://www.topcashback.co.uk/Nokia/discountcodes says you can use both AFFUK15 and SOCUK15 ... It seems too good to be true.
Nokia's website is designed to allow more than one discount code to be entered against a purchase, so they obviously intend multiple discount codes to be supported.

Regards,
Roger

Tags
£306!!