Active Topics

Could this be the N800 killer? It looks great! Specifications: Windows Mobile 5.0., Marvell PXA270 520MHz CPU, 128MB RAM, 512MB ROM, a 4.1" WVGA (800 x 480) touch screen, an NVIDIA GoForce 5500, 802.11b/g Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 1.2, a video-out port, a miniSD slot, a mini-USB port, a 1.3-megapixel camera, a dual-slide QWERTY keyboard and control pad, and HSDPA connectivity.

More details here

Last edited by reiperts; 2007-02-19 at 14:51.

About twice the price of an 880 unless it comes with a contract, looks a bit bigger, has a no longer actual but still solid WinCE version.

If this thing is availabel with a T-Mobile contract in June, it will likely be the unit I'll get instead of an 880.

The negative appraisal of AkihabaraNews, usually an enthusiast's site, is worth its salt :
http://www.akihabaranews.com/en/news...HSDPA+PDA.html

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Fancy flash, but not very informative to non-Japanese readers. Is the button above the scroll pad a shutter release or something else? touch screen+qwerty is interesting. I guess you can't zoom, and the browser takes up the full screen with no task bar?. No other buttons either. If the UI is nothing but standard Windows, it won't be very good IMO. A touch screen should have a different UI.

I don't want mini-SD, I want full SD, I want to be able to stick in any kind of SD from other devices. If the phone uses a mini/micro SD, fine. But the central unit (for me, the N800) must take full-size SD to be compatible with everything. And the two SD slots is another reason I jumped for the N800..
Video out though, that would be nice, my cheap digital camera has an S-video connector and it's actually useful. Plug it in the front of the TV and show your holiday pictures..

It has a scroll wheel, ugh. Scroll wheels are OK for navigating through drop down lists of text, that's about it.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
It has a scroll wheel, ugh. Scroll wheels are OK for navigating through drop down lists of text, that's about it.
You don't think a scroll wheel would be useful for scrolling through a long web page?

I'm not sure I'd find a scroll wheel useful for a drop down list of text unless the list was _really_ long - for a relatively short list I'd instictively use the touchscreen.

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
You don't think a scroll wheel would be useful for scrolling through a long web page?

I'm not sure I'd find a scroll wheel useful for a drop down list of text unless the list was _really_ long - for a relatively short list I'd instictively use the touchscreen.
Nope, don't like it. Had a scroll wheel on my first digital phone - OK for that. But i hate trying to use it on my Blackberry or anywhere else for web browsing.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post

The only good scroll wheel I've ever used, is the 5-way jog on the Sony Ericsson P(800/900/)910; and only because the UI was taylored towards it (it also speaks volumes that SE decided to drop it in the P990, because -- allegedly -- most users found it too complicated).

I don't even particularly like the scrollwheel on my mouse, mainly because there seems to be no consensus on how it should be used.

The Following User Says Thank You to Karel Jansens For This Useful Post:
Posts: 84 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ California
A lot of detailed pictures:

http://bb.watch.impress.co.jp/cda/news/17197.html

I use the scroll wheel on my mouse all the time for scrolling in a browser window, so having this option on a mobile device would be nice.