Active Topics

Hi All,

i've read in a few threads comments about the N900 not having the same call features as the S60 platform.

does anyone have a list of what features are missing?

thanks.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Call features are supposedly an are that is worked on heavily, so features implemented/missing on current prototypes are not really relevant. Saying this just because on the Summit firmwares the list of features that are missing would be longer than of those NOT missing

Posts: 303 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Having a cursory glance at the source code for 'ofono' it appears that Maemo won't support ALS or "line-2" since the incoming call code doesn't seem to support the ability to indicate which line / number was rung.

This is a show stopper for me using this phone day to day.. plus I imagine orange UK might be a bit miffed..

I can't subscribe to the ofono mailing list so haven't been able to ask their opinion, either.. which is a real shame for an open source probject, but there you go..

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 293 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Italy
ALS? Afaik ofono supports multiple lines. Saw the documentation yesterday.

The Following User Says Thank You to admiral0 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by cpitchford View Post
Having a cursory glance at the source code for 'ofono' it appears that Maemo won't support ALS or "line-2" since the incoming call code doesn't seem to support the ability to indicate which line / number was rung.
Fremantle (N900) does not use oFono.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jukkar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Universe,LocalCluster.MilkyWay.Sol.Earth.Europe.Slovenia.Ljubljana
I'm guessing only a matter of time and development effort and it will have oFono support. I wouldn't actually mind getting stuff be replacable that way