Umm, it's great that there's Ovi Suite for Windows, and "Coming Soon" for Mac. What about us Linux users? Are you seriously tying your users into your competitors' cash cows?

The Following User Says Thank You to solarion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 156 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
I think Ovi Suite was coming to Linux at some point and then they dropped it? I guess they think that Linux users are such a minority and tech savy enough to know how to use alternatives.

If true, that's unfortunate. Not only does Linux have greater share of desktop PCs than Apple (says Microsoft anyway), the percentage is almost certainly much higher under developers. Let alone the kind of get-your-hands-dirty-fixing-the-platform people Nokia *wants* on their phones (I hope so, anyway).

Plus there's the whole "thanks for providing the underpinnings of the platform" thing. "Thanks for the code, but we would like to keep giving your platform short shrift" gets kind of tiring after the Nth iteration.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to solarion For This Useful Post:
Three or four years ago I had so little to do in an airport that I started counting computer magazines in an airport shop. They had lots of them. The funny thing was that they had slightly more Linux magazines than Windows- and Mac magazines added together.

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
you could post here to try to persuade nokia to implement a linux ovi suite sooner.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SubCore For This Useful Post: