Active Topics

Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I think I just type "root" and hit Enter.
by default (in xterm) it asks for a password that you never defined.

///EDIT

hmmm... nevermind, just tried it, and i got root. i wonder if rootsh had something to do with that...

Last edited by JayOnThaBeat; 2009-06-13 at 03:22.

Yes, root is sufficient.

Concerning Maemo Mapper, it uses the same map as the orginal Map application?

I have an error with Canola, it can't be launched and it says: libeina.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory, any idea?

Last edited by boelraty; 2009-06-13 at 04:26.

Originally Posted by boelraty View Post
New questions:

- Is there a way to do a TAB using the keyboard (for terminal use), I have to use the pen and click on
Yes, there is. You can change the keyboard mapping file.

You have to edit /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/nokia_vndr/rx-44
as root and reboot when done. Make sure you don't mess up the file. Probably wise to save a copy of the original file.
Every mapping has four columns:
1 normal
2 shift
3 Fn
4 shift+Fn (does not work with m and n keys)

Using shift+Fn takes some getting used to but you can manage when you first press shift and then roll your thumb left so you also press Fn. There have been threads about this before. Please search the forum if you need more info..

Last edited by bousch; 2009-06-14 at 21:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to bousch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ A place with no mountains
Originally Posted by JayOnThaBeat View Post

Codecs? I haven't found a file that I can't play!
Hmm, so something must be wrong with my N810. I can't play downloaded YouTube videos (flv) for example. In fact, the number of formats that I can play is smaller than the ones that I cannot play.

I came here to search for codecs (because I just assumed I needed to install some to resolve this) and I was surprised to see people say they don't need to add codecs. I need something! What should my next step be to diagnose this problem? Thanks.

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 Intro, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Choosing open source is an important purchasing decision for your future. The closed source model of computing is a form of exploitation -- of us! Open source empowers us. Be smart -- chose open source.

Originally Posted by MountainX View Post
Hmm, so something must be wrong with my N810. I can't play downloaded YouTube videos (flv) for example. In fact, the number of formats that I can play is smaller than the ones that I cannot play.

I came here to search for codecs (because I just assumed I needed to install some to resolve this) and I was surprised to see people say they don't need to add codecs. I need something! What should my next step be to diagnose this problem? Thanks.
i use mytube and haven't run into problems downloading or playing the clips so far

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ A place with no mountains
Originally Posted by wesgreen View Post
i use mytube and haven't run into problems downloading or playing the clips so far
that's what i use too, but i cannot play them. anyone know why?

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 Intro, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Choosing open source is an important purchasing decision for your future. The closed source model of computing is a form of exploitation -- of us! Open source empowers us. Be smart -- chose open source.

I think I'll start a new thread on how to fix video playback problems from unrecognized formats in the N810...

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Nomad
do you have mplayer installed?