Notices

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
Your initial idea sounded great, but then it manifested into another messy sub-forum. There must be a better way to do this.

I joined the maemo-daemons group, I'm gonna take a stab at a logo later tomorrow.

The Following User Says Thank You to joshua.maverick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Go for it! I'm really hoping for a cool character graphic. We don't really need any text.

Posts: 297 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ new jersey, usa
Originally Posted by joshua.maverick View Post
I was just thinking it may be beneficial to have a design "council", or group that developers can easily find/contact for help on designing their apps and icons?

I think design can make a weak app appear strong, and take a strong app to the next level.

Any ideas on how we can go about this? I just want it to be easy for devs to find/contact us.

Or if it makes sense to do something like this?

This is my first time working with an open source community, and I think there must be a better way, rather than myself and other designers hunting for apps and widgets to contribute to.

Thoughts?
yeah this would be great. there alot of awesome maemo apps. but alot have a cheap windows 98 look to them.

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 472 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Yes I too feel abit confused how to help as a designer.. I have email things and asked questions but its hard to know what to do next.

I would like to see a place where we desinger can post our portfolio with contact info. Is the Design thread the right place? Having an own thread which I update with what I haave done ? / Claes

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
I totally agree that we should have a better 'system' to attract designers and a better way to advertise designers help among the developers.
Probably links in maemo.org/wiki can help a bit, but we can do more.

Brainstorming ?? ideas ??

Here is what I was thinking,

We need a way to be exposed to developers.

1. During some phase of the development process, there should be an option to request design help.

2. Designers can each have a thread, with some standardized first post, Current Projects, Past Projects and Availability

3. Developers can post a brief in the thread or begin.

4. Work can begin, Designer post proofs for feedback

What do we think of this process? How do we effectively take on step 1?