Active Topics

Hi folks,
ok, I've been working on this one for a while now, and it seems to have fallen by the wayside in my projects... Basically, I'm 70% of the way there to a decent gui for kismet in pygtk aimed at NITs and touchscreens in general. It works so far, although I'm far from a complete implementation of the curses interface. Currently, I can handle kismet server load/unload along with appropriate wireless resets; on the gui side, basic scanning along with network details looks good. There are various other bits and pieces already written, but it's certainly pre-alpha at the moment. However, I think I've built a reasonable framework to handle a touchscreen gui for kismet.
So, why post an unfinished project? Because if anybody wishes to collaborate or simply nag me to finish it, this is the best place I can think of. Email or post here if you want the latest version - if there's interest, I can hopefully persuade myself to continue or share the current code with somebody else.
regards, P.

Disclaimer: this will not make your broken kismet install magically work... You do need to have a working kismet install already.

Last edited by ichneumon; 2009-10-05 at 23:19.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ichneumon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Texas/Earth/Sol System/Milky Way/Local Group/Hubble Bubble/Infinity
OK, I'm game for nagging!

Kismet has been a big disappointment for me on the N810. Kind of gave up using it nearly a year ago. Perhaps your GUI would energize me.

I've not re-installed it after having to flash the tablet a while back. anyone know if there is anything newer than the 2008 version?

Steve

Tags
kismet