Active Topics

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@BaKSo:
Asking for front/back copy of the credit card is pretty common when a retailer wants to be extra careful against credit card scam on online/international orders. Amazon does this too on occasion.

Btw, what is the import tax like in Australia?
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Melbourne
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Yeah they're one of the options we discuss in the ocau thread i linked to earlier...

But are you "sure" Nokia has no intent to bring the N900 to Australia "ever"?
I find that to be a little surprising.....
the WP member has made a online petition (which most of them never work anyway) to make N900 available in Australia.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...?t=1286209&p=6

in this thread there are also some discussion and email reply from nokia customer service in AUST which is not good..

there is no absolute "NO" from nokia but they saying it "will not" so i may be a long long wait for us.. also considering this is a tablet.. even E90 which is definitely a phone was not released in AUS.. why? because it is to expensive and not a mass market device..

maybe in the future N900 will come to AUS but i can't wait that long... =)

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
@BaKSo:
Asking for front/back copy of the credit card is pretty common when a retailer wants to be extra careful against credit card scam on online/international orders. Amazon does this too on occasion.

Btw, what is the import tax like in Australia?
yeah, anyway i now have use an Australia forwarder service to buy it for me.. so i paid them with money transfer and i paid them in AU dollar.. so it's gonna be easier for me =)

i have no idea of tax in AUS lol... as i'm just studying here.. maybe there will be extra charge.. i'm currently paying 706 AUD about 654 USD for it..

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@BaKSo:
lol ok. That's a pretty good price with int'l air shipping.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

as far as I know, up to 1000 au$ there is no additional taxes.
I don't get why forwarding btw...
BLT looks fine to me

The Following User Says Thank You to Stout For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Stout View Post
as far as I know, up to 1000 au$ there is no additional taxes.
I don't get why forwarding btw...
BLT looks fine to me
with forwarding it only cost me 700 AUD, mobicity (also importing them from US) sell it for 900 ++...

about the warranty by buying it in AU since no official N900 in AU i suppose Nokia AU can't do repair etc..

yes BLT looks fine, but Price USA will handle the warranty or return claim if something happen to your phone (they paid for the post if you took the return insurance as well),

as for BLT you need to send it yourself to BLT, then BLT will forward it to Nokia US to be repair/replace then to BLT again and to you again and you need to pay for all the shipment cost etc. anyway BLT look like a few dollar cheaper then Price USA in total cost..

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Australia
A very good price but when are they going to supply your phone.

Also I have it on good authority that Optus have it scheduled for the middle of 2010 (don't ask me why so long).

Hey I am an Australian too, but am in London atm. I asked in the Nokia store on Regent street a few days ago about the N900 in Australia, and (although only a customer service rep) she said that she had heard Australia was one of the last places that Nokia are planning on distributing it to.

I am in London for two more days... looks like my timing sucks, hopefully the N900 comes in before I leave!!

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Are you coming back to Brisbane?
If it's out before you leave care to buy a 2nd one?
I'll give you cash on delivery? ;-)
I can come meet you wherever it suits?

The cheapest way to get the n900 to Australia is using shipito.
$8.50 per package plus ~$36 for fedex priority(1-3days).

If you buy it from amazon at the $559 price and including currency and credit card transfer fees etc and based on current exchange rate the price will be ~$660AUD.

The Following User Says Thank You to cocayden For This Useful Post: