Oh well, as for myself I don't care about doing it in English or Spanish/Catalan. I'm not really sure about the intended audience anyway, but I can try to fit the needs.
The people that I know who are already planning to come i think that can take talks in any of these languages. If you plan that people who come from abroad attend to these talks, it would be good if they were in english, if you plan to make it merely local, I guess it will be better in local languages. (I say that because I saw there's people coming from France/Italy on the wiki page).
About the Qt talk, I understand you prefer to have someone from nokia. If you want us to do the talk anyway, ping me asap (if possible to the mail, because i can't be all the time refreshing this page).

Anyway, I'll assign the KDE on maemo talk to us and add a kdevelop 4 one. I'll say it's going to be done by KDE Spain, when we decide who is going to do the talks i'll update the wiki.

If you need anything else just tell me

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Barcelona, ES
I think I have no problem to understand someone talking in english if he/she speaks slowly XD

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
The international participants are all interested in the UX meets Code workshop, or the Localization workshop if it happens.. All the training sessions target local audiences only.

If you click on "Thread tools" you will find a useful option "Subscribe to this thread" that basically sends you the updated via mail. However, I will let you know as soon as I have news about the Qt training.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Travel tip: If you get a chance, after checking out the obligatory (and amazing) Gaudi stuff around Barcelona, take a train to Montserrat, a fantastic place to relax, enjoy the museum, and hike around the strange rocks. I stayed there overnight once and it was very reasonably priced for an unimpressive but decent room. You need to allot at least one full day for the travel and exploration. It's a monastery, but I enjoyed it enough to make two trips there despite my devout atheism. You have two choices for how to get to the top, a scary cable car or more comfortable train. I'm somewhat afraid of heights, so I kept the cable car for my second visit; it was great fun. (See Wikipedia for pictures and more info.)

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
When will we know if we have been "Accepted" or "Planned" I really want to go, but can't afford just travelling there on my own..

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
I created a Linkedin group (lcuk request ) for those attending/planning to attend the event. Feel free to join .

The Following User Says Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
We can have a lot of public but first we need experts to give the talks and workshops. We have it?

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Assume yes, at least for Hildon/GTK+, Python bindings (PyMaemo) and Qt.

Can you write it in the wiki?

I'll update the wiki tonight...

So many things being cooked for the Long Weekend!!! Not only for developers but also to the rest of Maemo / N900 lovers. We hope to bring good news soon!

In the meantime, make sure all your friends interested in whatever you do in the Maemo community are aware of the long weekend and book their agenda, at least for Friday.

Que nadie diga luego que no le avisaron...