Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Unixguy: Any idea as to stock levels? Michigan or New York are the only choices close to Toronto...

My brother got me one from Lansing, Michigan .. I have to wait till the 16th to bring it with him.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Ok, so sounds like they're not a rarity. Man I can't believe I wanna do this. :/

I too got frustrated with Nokia's tatics so I cancelled my order. Although I've called twice, the website still says my order is open. They say it will say this for "approximately a month" even though it's been cancelled. LOL

Anyways, I was able to pick up a 770 at a local CompUSA. Like other posters, most of the people on the phone don't realize they have some in stock... Make sure you give them the product number so they can check their local inventory.

Although the web site will not let you view store inventories via the 770 page, I was able to figure out a URL that will let you check by zip code.

http://www.compusa.com/products/avai...owse&zip=10001

Change the last five digits of the URL to you zip code.

I believe these pages are refreshed once a day in the weeee hours of the night.

Good luck!
-Greg

Thanks for the link! I'm going to check tonight at a store close to me and see if they still have any in stock. With the experience I'm getting now from Nokia and the non communication about something I ordered almost a month ago. I may just pony up and get the one from C-usa. *sigh* it really sucks, but I've wanted this thing from the begining when it wasn't going to be released for 5 months!

I think it's a shame that the 'early' adoptors are made to wait while the general public can pick them up for a more expensive price.

I wish that Nokia would at least appoligize about the delay ... but, honestly I'm pretty excited that it will be in Compusa, at least the coverage of this will be wider spread and hopefully this will avoid the same fate that Sharp's Zaurus has had.

I didn't get to get one of those either

Wish me luck.

-Todd

Originally Posted by mk500
What email address did you use? I keep getting bounces when I try to email them. I'm pretty annoyed with them as well.
I had to dig through the support site & found a web form to send the email. The form stated that I could expect a reply in 24-48 hours. Haven't received anything yet.
A funny thing did happen today though. I received a message from Nokia, order confirmation, wanting me to call customer support within the next 72 hours or they would cancel my order. When I called they wanted to confirm my order info. I asked why and they said they do this.... I asked, "for everyone?" They said "for most." I think it was interesting. I also asked abut shipment and was told either mid-December or earlier. I voiced my concern about seeing these devices available in retail stores when pre-orders are not being shipped. It was quiet after that. Thus, the call ended.

The stock in the Rochester, NY CompUSA was three this past Saturday. Then I purchased one bringing the stock to 2. I will be returning the one I picked up. I do not know how many are left, but I know they will have one in a few days.

On the plus side I received email from Nokia to contact them about my order. I originally ordered in November and got the $50 discount. The rep said she had to just verify my order and I asked if it would ship on Dec 14. She stated that she was not allowed to say any more, but I might be pleasently surprised. Take it for what ever it means. If I get my nokia direct order soon I will post.

FYI: Got the email with tracking # this morning. I ordered mine on Nov 16th. Mine should arrive on Monday!

I too got the $50 discount, and my tax was lower than local rate too for some reason.
Description: NOKIA 770 INTERNET TABLET
Shipped: 1 @ 359.99
Shipped: 1 @ -50.00
Product Subtotal : $309.99
Shipping & Handling : $0.00
Total Tax : $12.40
Order Total : $322.39

Still... that's just not right for CompUSA to get theirs while people who ordered early and direct are still waiting. Money talks.

Last edited by spacelunatic; 2005-12-08 at 18:35.

[QUOTE=spacelunatic]FYI: Got the email with tracking # this morning. I ordered mine on Nov 16th. Mine should arrive on Monday!

Hmmm, my order went though on the 15th and nothing. Approximately what was your order number? Mine was 5723XXXX. I know the numbers aren't just for 770s so maybe you can't go by them to figure out how far up the order list you are.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2005 @ NJ, USA
Oh the heck with these idiots!!

I just got off the phone with Myra (cust svc rep) who told me that my order was cancelled because my credit card didn't go through. I never got a email - nothing. She told me that my order could be re-placed but could not be restored. Presumably I am now last in line even though I had an early 11/14 pre-order.

Since she did recheck my credit card while I was on-line and said she did not get authorization, I called cc company to find out the problem. They said it WAS authorized - even gave the time that PSF Web requested the $2.00 authorization.

So now I'm last in line for no reason.

The only consolation is that if I buy one at CUSA, Nokia probably nets less money than if I bought it direct.