Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
BUTTOONNNSSSSS!!!!!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sadfist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
I'll love a solution with the Camera Key!

Half press to Taskmanager, Full press for Desktop.

The Power Key iss still to switch between Profiles?

When we solve this issue with a own Programm, what will happend if a application trys to use the Button itself?

Can we avoid such a problem?

They should add a optical mouse via optical trackpad like how Samsung did with their i900(Omnia).

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Why on earth is the dpad on the right side? Anyone that plays videogames knows the dpad is always on the left. >.>
Perhaps try to understand the concept rather than the execution. The N96/N95/N81 effectively have formats like this. As has alreday been said just rotate the phone. The Dpad needs to be on the right to accommodate portrait mode.

Originally Posted by MNX1024 View Post
They should add a optical mouse via optical trackpad like how Samsung did with their i900(Omnia).
If you have touch screen, plus stylus and mouse option on the browser, whats the point of an optical mouse.

Well, there's nothing the good old WASD keys on the keyboard won't solve, lol.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
Eww.. That's ugly.. I was thinking more like the N97 style of Call and End buttons..
Dude... it's just a quick mockup.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
Perfect form factor...
(v badly photoshopped)

Skip tracks quickly, move around using the dpad, and brilliant gaming experience.. Beat that iphone.

Much, much better than my quick-and-dirty mockup, and I really think this is iPhone kill.

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Chicago/D.C./Katowice
Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
Perfect form factor...
(v badly photoshopped)

Skip tracks quickly, move around using the dpad, and brilliant gaming experience.. Beat that iphone.

make the desktop button an optical joystick(e72) and you've got my vote

also they need to stretch out the camera cover across the whole device like in the n73, obviously not as wide though

it'll also allow them to have a more stable/balanced stand

Last edited by UCOMM; 2009-11-16 at 01:29.

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Originally Posted by fouro View Post
Three narrow buttons would, in my opinion, look good there and would also be easy to use.
The N82 keypad and the Sony Ericsson Satio have quite narrow keys, fitting 3 of them for phone call, home, and end call/back wouldn't take up too much space, but I don't know how much internal space it takes up.

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Istanbul, Turkey
I'd like to repost what I've posted to Texrat's blog here.

By implementing a hardware button with a small touch sensitive screen on the front face of that hardware button, you’ll have a multipurpose physical key usable for many event types. This hardware button could be implemented in two different ways (which change usage scenerios a lot):

1. A clickable hardware button with a touchscreen on top
(+) Blind feel: Good solution for where you need your eyes away from the screen.
(+) Power save: Turning off the whole front face of the device (except small screen-button) when not needed.
(—) Gaming: Wouldn’t help two handed, physical keyboard-less gaming much unless button mechanism is implemented with a “gaming mode”, enabling only touchscreen and locking the button against movement
(~) Attraction: Totally personal. Wouldn’t look to good, IMO.
(—) Production: Could be hard to implement a good main touch sensor when it has a puncture for the button in it (I don’t know if it is nor not)

2. Part of the main touch sensor in the front face would be slightly embossed to have a slight feel of a 4 way pad with a small screen beneath.
(+) Blind feel: Perfect solution for where you need your eyes away from the screen.
(—) Power save: Turning off only the big screen when not needed.
(+) Gaming: Better two handed, keyboardless gaming on that powerful hardware.
(~) Attraction: Totally personal. I think most people would be attracted to the device.
(—) Production: Could be hard to implement a good main touch sensor when some part of it is embossed (I don’t know if it is nor not)

I’d go for second implementation.
|[ Maemo 5 101 / Maemo 5'e Giriş ][ Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) / Sık Sorulan Sorular (SSS) ]|
If I can help with anything else, just ask / Yardımcı olabileceğim birşey varsa, sormaktan çekinmeyin