Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Originally Posted by att View Post
Nokia has promised that it is released in November. There is still two weeks to go.

Nokia Finland Online Shop and Nokia UK Online Shop have both confirmed that handling/shipping (from Holland?) will start at the end of this week so lucky ones will get it by Friday or Monday.

Also it seems that Nokia will have one week exclusitivity for N900 so other retails and online shops will start selling it around 27.11.2009 unless they will defy Nokia's orders.
Perception is the issue. They should have stated end of the month and said nothing about it shipping last week. Consumers could care less about sell-in shipments from the factory- this supply chain event is transparent to consumers. All this did was add more perception of delay and that Nokia is clueless in PR.

Would of posted earlier on, but couldn't log in but had a chat with mobilephonesdirect see below:

Please wait. A representative will be with you shortly.
Webshop Customer Help says:
Hello Tom. My name is Webshop Customer Help how can I help you?
hi
Tom says:
hi, good morning
Tom says:
Just wondering have you recieved the Nokia N900 yet?
No delayed by nokia
Tom says:
till when?
end of november
Tom says:
ok, so are customer who have pre-ordered going to get a notification regarding the delay?
We are trying to find out a date that it has been delayed to before send out an email
Tom says:
?
?
Tom says:
Thanks
Anything else?
Tom says:
No thank you...have a good day

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Stockholm (formally Amsterdam, London)
All I can say patience is a virtue, and silence is golden! complaining, winging, whining, pining doesn't bring it any faster.

My 2p, cents, öre whichever you call it.

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ St. Louis, MO, USA
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
Perception is the issue. They should have stated end of the month and said nothing about it shipping last week. Consumers could care less about sell-in shipments from the factory- this supply chain event is transparent to consumers. All this did was add more perception of delay and that Nokia is clueless in PR.
Exactly. I would have no issue with a date that is a bit further out if it were FOR SURE. Were they trying to quell the masses by announcing that it was shipping? When it is ACTUALLY shipping, I'd expect many people in the world to have it the next day (for those who paid for the extra shipping expediency). We've seen exactly zero people posting that they have a production unit.

Originally Posted by Shaichico View Post
All I can say patience is a virtue, and silence is golden! complaining, winging, whining, pining doesn't bring it any faster.
The problem isn't the delay it's the fact that Nokia can't be assed to say when it'll be out. Instead people have to guess based on retailer dates which are notoriously unreliable giving the impression of constant new delays.

Due to a complete reluctance to manage the flow information the talk isn't about the N900's capabilities but how how delayed it is and the lack of information surrounding it.

The Following User Says Thank You to sharper For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by twoboxen View Post
I'd expect many people in the world to have it the next day (for those who paid for the extra shipping expediency). We've seen exactly zero people posting that they have a production unit.
Ebay is a good metric too. At least one person who gets their order will be tempted to list it and there isn't a single non-preorder on there.

We're sorry your beloved N900 was shipped by turtles (ONLY one N900 can be carried on a single turtle's back).

P.S. Estimated delivery date: 2012, Turtleday

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
shop.nokia.co.uk has week starting 23rd as the estimated date for delivery, was told the same thing over the phone.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ yorkshire
turtley amazing

The Following User Says Thank You to maccab66 For This Useful Post: