Originally Posted by bigbrovar View Post
I have been a member of maemo.org back when it was internet tablet talk. never have I seen such disgraceful insult melted to community members. Its really sad. You can check my post history, I try to be polite and helpful. Really it doesn't have to be this way. Maemo and open source in general is about tolerance, respect and collaboration all in a friendly atmosphere. sad to see this place gradually going to the dogs
http://www.engadget.com/2009/11/17/u...s-responsible/

Let's be honest, who here is actually surprised that underpaid and overworked data workers would sell on our details for a few extra quid? Given the number of uninvited calls to our unlisted phone numbers, we know for a fact that somebody has been dishing our personal contacts to those Nigerian princes and caring loan consolidators,

The Following User Says Thank You to Satz For This Useful Post:
Another day, another barrage off calls to the nokia stores through out the UK. I think my phone line, now knows automatically what number i'am planning to dial, and just dials automatically without me pressing a button. Talk about keeping them under the thumb...lol

FYI those with t-mobile contracts, someone probably had sold your data to other operators, who then cold-called you when your contracts are due to expire...
T-Mobile staff sold personal data. Staff at mobile firm T-Mobile sold millions of records from thousands of customers

Last edited by Venomrush; 2009-11-18 at 06:42.

Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post
FYI those with t-mobile contracts, someone probably had sold your data to other operators, who then cold-called you when your contracts are due to expire...
T-Mobile staff sold personal data. Staff at mobile firm T-Mobile sold millions of records from thousands of customers
what?
wtf is this? didnt that guy just now posted that? what is this

Originally Posted by etihad002 View Post
Another day, another barrage off calls to the nokia stores through out the UK. I think my phone line, now knows automatically what number i'am planning to dial, and just dials automatically without me pressing a button. Talk about keeping them under the thumb...lol

What did you find out?

Will you be able to walk in and purchase the phone on thursday? (flagship or anywhere else)

Or will they only see it upfront if get a new plan aswell?

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Berlin
At 4:32am this morning I got an email from the Nokia Online shop here in Germany. The email is in German, however I can post it if asked. It said that the wait is over!! I almost pissed my pants when I read that! Then it just goes on to say there is a definite delivery date, Nov. 25th. Which I was being told all along.. One thing they did do though was apologize for the delay since an October release date was initially quoted to me when I pre-ordered. Then it just goes on to say they will do all they can to get the N900 to me as soon as possible and make sure the bank/credit card details I gave are up to date. Oh, almost forgot, because they sent me this email, it said their 60 day guarantee kicks in. Meaning I don't receive the product in 60 days it's their fault and I receive some sort of.. something. Sorry! My German isn't perfect so not exactly sure what it is I get. That and haven't had my morning coffee yet.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zuhälter For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post
yes, I just posted it too.

The Following User Says Thank You to Satz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Zuhälter View Post
At 4:32am this morning I got an email from the Nokia Online shop here in Germany. The email is in German, however I can post it if asked. It said that the wait is over!! I almost pissed my pants when I read that! Then it just goes on to say there is a definite delivery date, Nov. 25th. Which I was being told all along.. One thing they did do though was apologize for the delay since an October release date was initially quoted to me when I pre-ordered. Then it just goes on to say they will do all they can to get the N900 to me as soon as possible and make sure the bank/credit card details I gave are up to date. Oh, almost forgot, because they sent me this email, it said their 60 day guarantee kicks in. Meaning I don't receive the product in 60 days it's their fault and I receive some sort of.. something. Sorry! My German isn't perfect so not exactly sure what it is I get. That and haven't had my morning coffee yet.
would be nice.
i didn't received it yet. when did you ordered?

Posts: 754 | Thanked: 630 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
nokia uk ( website ) invents another date yet again

"Estimated delivery date: week commencing 23rd November. "

i still dont see the point of the estimation, why not confirmation !

well, lets begin another morning now, shall we guys

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Liebe(r) Cosimo,

vielen Dank, dass Sie das neue Nokia N900 vorbestellt haben.

Endlich ist es soweit! Wir können Ihnen nun einen Liefertermin nennen. Wir erwarten, dass das Produkt ab 25. November verfügbar ist.

Da dieser Zeitpunkt außerhalb der vereinbarten 60-Tage-Lieferfrist liegt, informieren wir Sie hiermit über die Verzögerung. Natürlich gehören Sie zu den Ersten, die dieses Gerät erhalten, sobald es verfügbar ist.

Wir sind bei Eingang Ihrer Vorbestellung davon ausgegangen, dass wir Ihr Produkt gemäß unserer Verkaufsbedingungen innerhalb von 60 Tagen nach Bestellung liefern können. Leider verzögert sich die Auslieferung des Nokia N900.

Selbstverständlich belasten wir Ihr Konto erst, wenn Ihr neues Nokia N900 zum Versand bereit ist. Bitte überprüfen Sie vorsichtshalber, ob Ihre Kreditkarten- oder Kontoinformationen noch aktuell sind. Sollten diese nicht mehr aktuell sein, wenden Sie sich bitte unter 0800 101 4696 an unseren Kundendienst, der Ihnen gerne weiterhilft und Ihnen gerne auch eine andere Zahlungsmethode vorschlägt.

Wir wissen, dass Sie sich auf Ihr neues Nokia N900 freuen und möchten uns deshalb bei Ihnen für die Verzögerung entschuldigen. Wenn Sie Ihre Bestellung aufrecht erhalten möchten, brauchen Sie nichts weiter zu unternehmen. Wir werden Ihnen Ihr neues Nokia Gerät so schnell wie möglich zusenden. Wenn Sie nicht so lange warten möchten, können Sie Ihre Bestellung jederzeit über unseren Kundendienst stornieren.

Wir möchten uns noch einmal ausdrücklich für die Verzögerung entschuldigen. Sie können sich darauf verlassen, dass wir alles unternehmen, damit Sie Ihr neues Nokia N900 so schnell wie möglich erhalten.

Herzliche Grüße

Ihr Nokia Online Shop Team

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post: