Active Topics

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Localization workshop confirmed!
http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo-Barcelon...d#Localization

I'll approve the sponsorship requests that were more linked to this activity. Transifex can send one developer. We are finishing details about who will take part from the Maemo Devices team and also from Forum Nokia.

I sent an email to the Softcatalà list introducing the event and (surprisingly) I didn't get any answer. That list was very active a while ago, I don't know if the local activity is lower these days or simply that Maemo sounds as something distant compared to Firefox, OpenOffice.org, etc. I'll have to check directly with some colleagues to see what is going on.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 129 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Castello d'Argile (BO)
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
45 people registered at
http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo-Barcelona_Long_Weekend - 11 of them with accepted sponsorship. Hurry up if you want to join us!
I had registered and received an email of acceptance. Having asked also for sponsorship, I also got a second email when that request was turned down.

That is not a problem (of course: I knew it was a long shot), but the fact that I am no longer on the list is.

Am I supposed to stay put :-) and wait for an event here in Italy? Can I attend as long as I don't talk? ;-)

Posts: 263 | Thanked: 679 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Lyon, France
Originally Posted by aboaboit View Post
I had registered and received an email of acceptance. Having asked also for sponsorship, I also got a second email when that request was turned down.

That is not a problem (of course: I knew it was a long shot), but the fact that I am no longer on the list is.

Am I supposed to stay put :-) and wait for an event here in Italy? Can I attend as long as I don't talk? ;-)
Hi,

I didn't receive the rejection email, but if I recall correctly, for the Summit there were instructions in that mail that your registration was being removed, so if you wanted to aattend without sponsorship you had to re-register. Did you see anything like that?

Cheers,
Dave.

The Following User Says Thank You to dneary For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
60 participants registered. The list of participants is public at http://maemo.org/news/events/maemo-b..._long_weekend/

The rejections are only for sponsorship requests. Anybody is free to come, join the event and be as active as wished.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Usual Travel page created: http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo-Barcelon...Weekend/Travel

Some help from those that know Barcelona well is appreciated: http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo-Barcelon...ll.C3.A0_hotel

Last edited by VDVsx; 2009-11-18 at 17:03. Reason: wrong link

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dneary View Post
[...]there were instructions in that mail that your registration was being removed, so if you wanted to aattend without sponsorship you had to re-register.[...]
I was not familiar with the sponsoring procedures since I didn't ask for the summit, so I mis-read the note: I'm checking if I can get decent flights, else I'll wait for the italian meeting when it happens.

EDIT: terrible flight options... I'll definitely wait for a local event... any tentative timeframe for that?

Last edited by aboaboit; 2009-11-18 at 21:12.

An Italian hackfest is far from confirmed. Feel free opening thread and start lobbying for it with other Italian community members. Where, when, topics, host...

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Ooh! ohh!

*Jumping up and down with excitiement!*

Thank you so much to Dave and Quim for inviting me to be part of the documentation-hack in Barcelona. I am so excited I can hardly sit still.

I've just looked at the accomodation table. Oh dear, that is sooo tempting! All those nice maemo young men... I suppose I'd better behave myself.

Look forward to seeing you all there!

Last edited by RevdKathy; 2009-11-19 at 08:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
An Italian hackfest is far from confirmed. Feel free opening thread and start lobbying for it with other Italian community members. Where, when, topics, host...
Ok, the bait has been placed... let's now see if someone bites ;-)

The Following User Says Thank You to aboaboit For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
I've just looked at the accomodation table. Oh dear, that is sooo tempting! All those nice maemo young men... I suppose I'd better behave myself.
If krisse is coming then it's clear who's your default partner, unless you have a better plan.