Active Topics

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Missouri
Same thing happenned to me http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=3856
So I ordered from Dell and prolly won't see this phone anytime soon Next day after I talked to NokiaUSA I check my bank account and 'Nokia Online Sales' had a $1 hold, this is how gas stations usually authorize your card, so I'm thinking my bank actually approved it. No idea how they got 'declined'

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ oakland, california
did anyone get the email about...

nokialogo

horizontalline
Dear XXXXXX ,

Your preorder is being prepared for shipment. Your credit card will be charged when the product(s) will be shipped and you will receive a Shipment confirmation email from us.

-i just received this email.

Originally Posted by kopele View Post
Same thing happenned to me http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=3856
So I ordered from Dell and prolly won't see this phone anytime soon Next day after I talked to NokiaUSA I check my bank account and 'Nokia Online Sales' had a $1 hold, this is how gas stations usually authorize your card, so I'm thinking my bank actually approved it. No idea how they got 'declined'
My account showed that as well. I have no idea what their system is doing when they can put a $1 hold on my account but it results in an immediate order cancellation saying the card was rejected.

I've put charges for more than this phone on my card 3 times in the past year (once yesterday for $300 more even) and had ZERO issues. The fault for this ******** is all on NokiaUSA's end.

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Pennsylvania, US
So... spent almost 2 hours on the phone with Nokia USA today. Escalated through every level of sales, was told to wait until the 27th until attempting to order again (they will not even let me try to order). They don't know whether it will approve or not if I wait (they hope it will ), but they say there is a better chance "upper management" will have a resolution by that date. </give-a-damn>

Fortunately, I saw this coming and locked in a pre-order with amazon last night before they raised the price. Maybe I'll e-bay my 24-Sept place in line to someone with a less criminal looking identity to subsidize some of the cost...

I just got a shipping confirmation but the estimated ship date is odd:

Anticipated sending date : 06.11.2009

however, I got the new email that states my preorder is being prepared for shipment and the funds have already been taken from my credit card. Should I be expecting a shipping confirmation soon?

Originally Posted by DaGr8Gatzby View Post

however, I got the new email that states my preorder is being prepared for shipment and the funds have already been taken from my credit card. Should I be expecting a shipping confirmation soon?
Is this from NOKIA USA? What was the subject of the email? When did you order?

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ oakland, california
Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
Is this from NOKIA USA? What was the subject of the email? When did you order?
Originally Posted by DaGr8Gatzby View Post

DaGr8Gatzy.. is that what you have on your "subject" from that email?
[Your (order_number) pre-order is released for shipment]

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
if you are/have had issues with online or phone orders for pre-orders with Nokia USA, please post only your experiences here at this thread as it will be going to thier management later this month.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...096#post388096

please keep your posts to factual and non-opinion as possible with regards to cross-blogging.

The Following User Says Thank You to ceroberts75 For This Useful Post:
Until I get a shipping confirmation, I will not really know what the end result is. I could get a call back or anything else can happen. I will be sure to cross post the entire experience in the thread that will go to management.

I ordered the phone September 4th. I called NokiaUSA on Friday and the reorder was placed Monday with the Sales rep, with the 15% discount. i received 2 emails from Nokia USA later on that day. The latest one has the subject line:

Your 175795 pre-order is released for shipment

According to the people at 1 866 59 NOKIA the "Your ###### pre-order is released for shipment" email means that your order is waiting for Fedex to pick it up from the warehouse. That has been the status of my September 24th preorder since Friday. The most honest agent I have spoken to said that they would have a tracking number before it shipped and that it would likely be Wednesday before there was any movement of N900s.