Active Topics

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Turin, Italy
Is somebody working on an archives manager? I think it will be quite usefull as many file come from internet compressed.
Of course I could download it on my computer, decompress and then copy to the phone (quite boring) or compile all the tools, put them on the phone and use them from xterm (for me could be fine, but it isn't user-friendly).

If nobody is working on it, I'll try, even if I will be quite slow in doing it, cause I'm really full of work in this period. Of course if you want to help, I will appreciate it really much.

The Following User Says Thank You to HoX For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
There's tar already installed on the device. In addition unrar and unzip are available from extras-devel. But don't remember seeing a graphical archive manager.

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 261 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Originally Posted by HoX View Post
Is somebody working on an archives manager? I think it will be quite usefull as many file come from internet compressed.
The Application Manager does all this for you automatically when you download from the repos.

The Following User Says Thank You to jeremiah For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jeremiah View Post
The Application Manager does all this for you automatically when you download from the repos.
For the repos it does, but for all the rest no. For example, today I decided to download a rom for ines (I have the original game), but I can't play it because is zipped.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Well, a good emulator simply uses the zip file, without decompressing it. :-P
I still don't get the usecase here...

The Following User Says Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
I know it, but the only emulator available in Extras for the Nes (ines) sucks a lot. It doesn't open the zip and keys are not customizable, therefore with the italian layout is unplayable... I'll wait a better emulator.