Posts: 20 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Ancona, Italy
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
i dont have a repository for vmstat so i do it with top -b instead. or did allready
i used top also, but after the reboot the txt file is sightly corrupted and does not show all process

Originally Posted by AnimalMind View Post
LOL yall wanted it so freaking early and couldnt wait.. so live with it, I am sure it will get better.
They delayed it enough times, this sort of thing should have been sorted

Bought my in New York flagship store.

Haven't seen a reboot yet, no real problems so far, keep you posted. Maybe I'm not doing all the things the "True Users" of this device will be doing...aka connecting to a monitor etc. Just surfing, texting, and chatting.

My device rebooted (not always):

- changing apn;
- updating weather forecast;
- writing an sms
- opening the application menu;
- opening the terminal;
etc. etc.

Since yesterday it rebooted at least 10 times....

I don't think these are advanced user's tasks.

It's difficoult to reproduce the problem, because the device stays up for 4 hours with no reboot but sometimes reboots 3 times in 10 minutes.

Every reboot is in a different situation.

Last edited by javajix; 2009-11-25 at 15:34.

Not good at all. Lets hope there is a new firmware coming soon. The fact that the 300 early users dont seem to report this could mean that the problem is something they introduced in the new firmware - or that its a very specific situation with a providers network perhaps?
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

This evening i will try to flash the firmware and the emmc hoping that this will solve the problem......

Originally Posted by javajix View Post
This evening i will try to flash the firmware and the emmc hoping that this will solve the problem......
You should try with the new 2.2009.46-11, if you can get it somewhere.

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Not good at all. Lets hope there is a new firmware coming soon. The fact that the 300 early users dont seem to report this could mean that the problem is something they introduced in the new firmware - or that its a very specific situation with a providers network perhaps?
That is what I suggested last week. Happens more than not. A few innocent fixes or additions can impact other things. If this is a common issue and along with the mic problem, it will not take long for Nokia to be dogged by the media- particularly if these problems are with the review units.

Not good signs for such a low sample of units out in the public. Nokia marketing had better be prompt, or this could hurt them and splash cold water on the hot product. Usually not good for launches. They could go from supply shortage to surplus real quick.

Again - IF. Not long to find out.

Last edited by Rushmore; 2009-11-25 at 16:02.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 842 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Mine has rebooted 2 times and I'm unable to reproduce it. Generally the device feels stable. Is someone with more frequent reboots already creating a bugzilla entry for this?

Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
That is what I suggested last week. Happens more than not. A few innocent fixes or additions can impact other things. If this is a common issue and along with the mic problem, it will not take long for Nokia to be dogged by the media- particularly if these problems are with the review units.

Not good signs for such a low sample of units out in the public. Nokia marketing had better be prompt, or this could hurt them and splash cold water on the hot product. Usually not good for launches. They could go from supply shortage to surplus real quick.

Again - IF. Not long to find out.
Haha so Nokia delayed the launch to fix the firmware based on feedback from those 300 loaner units, yet that just caused a worse problem. So what was the point in delaying it again?

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Tags
lack of quality control