Active Topics

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
This will be my last OP for a while, since I appreciate I am not the only person. but I can not find a way to transfer the contacts from my SIM card. I searched but only saw something about bluetooth that I do not need.

Moderator | Posts: 199 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on May 2009 @ turku, finland
have you tried "transfer & sync" from settings? from there you can pair up with bluetooth to another phone and import contacts and calendar stuff.

Last edited by edgar2; 2009-11-26 at 00:10.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Transfer them where?
Just importing them into the Maemo5 addressbook is two clicks. For exporting, see edgar2's comment. :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
I want to transfer them from my SIM card directly to the N900. This is first device I have not been able to do this. Even my trusty N-Gage did this.

Moderator | Posts: 199 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on May 2009 @ turku, finland
  1. open address book
  2. from menu, choose "get contacts"
  3. "copy from SIM card"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edgar2 For This Useful Post:
I did not notice that in the manual. Thanks

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ oakland, california
just figured this out too. sorry to hijack, but is there any way to turn off wifi?

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by kin900 View Post
just figured this out too. sorry to hijack, but is there any way to turn off wifi?
One issue per thread please. Open a new one. Always? Wifi only?
"Offline Mode" from the Power button menu? :-/

I did what edgar2 said to do but nothing is happening. Clicking on the button 'copy from sim card' just brings me back to my empty contacts list.

when i am trying to transfer and sync from my SE, a msg shows up on my SE say "session failed invalid server response" and on my n900 saying "failed"

i have also try to send all my links to my n900 from my SE but when i try and save the whole contacts to my documents on the n900 is says there is insufficient space even though i have 27g