Active Topics

Okay, so my N800 is never turned off, ever. Unless the battery dies.

Over the past week or 3, i've updated plenty of software, installed and uninstalled more then most should. All 3rd party.

So a couple nights ago after work, the battery in the n800 died while it was sleeping (aww, how cute.).

So I plug it in the morning before bed, and now when I came back to it, it's in an endless boot loop.

The white Nokia screen comes up for about 5 sec, then the n800 turns off. While it's plugged in this loops over and over and over.

When it's not plugged in and I hold the power button, the blue LED turns all the way on, then 5-8sec later, turns off again.

What can I do? What would have caused this?

I had the same problem.

Gotta use the linux flasher to disable lifeguard reset, then do a full reflash. You can then enable lifeguard reset.

Let me know how it goes.

Any idea what the cause is? I'm losing a ton of apps/information in doing so, so...

I'll download a live cd in a bit and try, as i'm on an intel mac.

I am having this same problem. I think mine was caused by a third party power supply. Are there instructions somewhere on using the linux flasher to disable lifeguard reset?

I had the exact same thing happen yesterday. The battery died while asleep in my back pack. When I got to work last nigh it did the same as you described. I read on here about flashing but I'm a noob to this and only had 4 days left on my compusa return policy. Stop by there this afternoon and they replaced it with out any trouble...and I bought a 1 year replacement contract with this new one.

Where can I learn more about flashing the N800? I did some googling but came up short...THANKS!!!

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by camit34 View Post
Where can I learn more about flashing the N800? I did some googling but came up short...THANKS!!!
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...=Google+Search

Errr... second link from the top.

Lots more information in the same wiki.

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...=Google+Search

Errr... second link from the top.

Lots more information in the same wiki.
There I go...applicate it!

Well I just went through the flashing process, and everything seemed to work fine (flasher did it's thing, progress bar went all the way from left to right on the n800 during flash), but after unplugging the USB cable and turning the n800 back on...

Same problem.

So is my next step to call Nokia? Or do any of you have ideas?

*edit* ...

You need to enable R&D mode, flash, then disable R&D mode for this to work. I'm going through the welcome screens once again, still really sucks that I lost all my apps/preferences.... I think i'll be booting from SD after this.

looks like this was the issue: http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ead.php?t=4301

Last edited by Polymira; 2007-03-16 at 23:34.

I checked out the link, but it doesn't seem specific to linux flashing to disable lifeguard reset. Any instructions on how to do this?

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Disabling lifeguard reset (or enabling R&D mode) can only be performed using the Linux flasher - it's not supported by the Windows (or Mac) flasher.