Active Topics

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South east, UK
Originally Posted by jaysire View Post
When you open it next time, it will again be showing "all images" and with 1000+ photos it makes the whole app so slow it's almost unusable while it's trying to generate thumbnails for them all. There are definitely some (logical, ui) problems with the photo viewer.

I would propose making "Camera" folder the default folder - or the last folder that was "filtered".
I have seen this mentioned elsewhere on here and also experienced the same myself.
Could the issue with the thumbnails not be solved by having maemo create the thumbs when the images are first loaded on the device then the rest of the time all it has to load is the thumbs (not create them) until they are selected (if that makes sense).
Also i think the scrolling in the photo viewer could be refined further by allowing faster flicks.
Could the images not be filtered using a tag cloud with the folder names etc added as tags? think this may be a quick and easy universal filter.

I have just picked up my device and I am sure I will come up with many suggestions after extensive use. For now I suggest a quick launch pad next to the tax switcher button. This will contain about 1 to 4 programmes (depending on space) with the user choosing the programmes. The quick launcher will always be visible no matter where you are in the device unless you are e.g. watching video in full screen or browsing in full screen (effectively it will be viewable anytime the task switcher button is viewable). This would ensure there is immediate access to the phone app no matter where you are.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
Unless i missed something, i think it should be possible to rerrange the order of icons in the menu. Also I dont see the point of having the first icon screen and then an icon for 'more'. You should just be ableto scroll downwrads from the first menu screen to access all the other icons.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bret hart For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South east, UK
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
I have just picked up my device and I am sure I will come up with many suggestions after extensive use. For now I suggest a quick launch pad next to the tax switcher button. This will contain about 1 to 4 programmes (depending on space) with the user choosing the programmes. The quick launcher will always be visible no matter where you are in the device unless you are e.g. watching video in full screen or browsing in full screen (effectively it will be viewable anytime the task switcher button is viewable). This would ensure there is immediate access to the phone app no matter where you are.
Origanly i thought it may need things like this but after using the snappy ui for three days i found that the desktop (with my shortcuts) is no more than afue clicks away, and i also found that my most used apps were always running and the phone is only ever one stab at the power button away.
Im not trying to dismiss your sujestion so please dont take offence just my personal experiance.

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
Originally Posted by thecursedfly View Post
https://bugs.maemo.org/
I second this suggestion. It's great to discuss these suggestions to hash out good solutions, but ultimately they should be reported as bugs/enhancement requests.

Don't forget to search first!