Originally Posted by bmac View Post
i keep telling myself that i will just take a few days off and not check the status and that it will ship when it ships, but i keep finding myself checking several times a day.
Sounds like me with this thread

Amazon pre-order 18 Nov
Ship address: Chicago
$479 inc rebate
103-454....... order No.
"Not yet shipped"

Can those who had their status changed tell me if they ever saw this message?

"The following item will arrive after December 25, 2009" ?

I am assuming this is just a system generate flag for items that may be presents that do not have confirmed shipping yet. Once a shipping date is known the 'flag' disappears?

Cheers

Originally Posted by janszoon View Post

Amazon pre-order 18 Nov
$479 inc rebate
103-454....... order No.
"Not yet shipped"

I am assuming this is just a system generate flag for items that may be presents that do not have confirmed shipping yet. Once a shipping date is known the 'flag' disappears?

Cheers
yeah, there is at least one person over at the amazon board who said they have had their phone shipped even after seeing that dec 25th message. it doesn't seem to be any indication of when you will get yours shipped. seems to be a generic message added to every preorder placed or changed after a certain date.

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Canada
Originally Posted by janszoon View Post

Amazon pre-order 18 Nov
$479 inc rebate
103-454....... order No.
"Not yet shipped"

Cheers
It's a generic message from Amazon whenever they are not sure when stock will arrive.

Originally Posted by BigMaemo78 View Post
I am sorry but I must giggle...

I ordered from nokiausa.com on 11/28 for $620 with shipping and taxes and got a confirmation TODAY that it has been shipped as of 11/28. I even got a Fedex tracking number and it is currently in Indianapolis.

I agree, pre-orders should have gotten it before me but life is unfair. If you REALLY want this phone, cancel your preorder and order from nokiausa.com...period.
What about all the people that have tried to order from nokiausa.com and had their order cancelled, some multiple times?

Honestly, I dont know. But, I refreshed and saw "in stock" so thought I would go ahead and order. I am only ordering because I have 3 buyers of my N97 at $300US. Yea NokiaUSA is higher but hell the N97 was a gift.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Denver, Colorado
I finally pulled the trigger on the Amazon preorder on 10/17 - still says "not yet shipped - we need a little more time..."

I've been emailing them asking for status but they keep saying that it hasn't been released. Today I got sick of emailing them so talked to them on the phone.

At first he said "not released yet" but then I said that my "friends" had it shipped from Amazon and he said "it must have been an Amazon marketplace seller." I said NO, it was definitely Amazon, and asked him to look up orders for the N900. He came back and said that they "had" 171 in stock but had over 2500 orders and they had no idea when any more would be in stock.

I asked him how I could keep my order when they might ship it this week or they might not ship until March (not sure why I said March!) and he apologized and said there was nothing he could do about it...

Obviously we need to take everything they say with a grain of salt but it's interesting info straight from Amazon and substantiates that a few of you have had yours shipped. And at least it's good that it seems they're shipping in order!

I think Amazon and newegg both knew that they would be shipping the phone in October 30th long time ago, the only difference is that newegg was brave and honest enough to say so ..

Originally Posted by n900denver View Post
I finally pulled the trigger on the Amazon preorder on 10/17 - still says "not yet shipped - we need a little more time..."

I've been emailing them asking for status but they keep saying that it hasn't been released. Today I got sick of emailing them so talked to them on the phone.

At first he said "not released yet" but then I said that my "friends" had it shipped from Amazon and he said "it must have been an Amazon marketplace seller." I said NO, it was definitely Amazon, and asked him to look up orders for the N900. He came back and said that they "had" 171 in stock but had over 2500 orders and they had no idea when any more would be in stock.

I asked him how I could keep my order when they might ship it this week or they might not ship until March (not sure why I said March!) and he apologized and said there was nothing he could do about it...

Obviously we need to take everything they say with a grain of salt but it's interesting info straight from Amazon and substantiates that a few of you have had yours shipped. And at least it's good that it seems they're shipping in order!
Ok I know Nokia hasn't been too great with sending out phones to sellers, but surely 171 is not right.

Originally Posted by sajd4000 View Post
I think Amazon and newegg both knew that they would be shipping the phone in October 30th long time ago, the only difference is that newegg was brave and honest enough to say so ..
Except newegg offered it for sale on the 25th and filled those orders before their pre-orders.

There hasn't been a retailer that has handled this release worth a damn, but it appears that nokiausa got their %$&# together first. I'm more than happy to pay a little more and have the thing by 3p Monday. I hope my cancelled orders at Amazon and Newegg help a couple of you guys out...

Last edited by dick-richardson; 2009-11-29 at 05:25.

It could be whatever is left as of now after fufilling other pre-orders.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Tags
psychotics unite, this thread is h a w t