Active Topics

Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
Just wondering. I quit smoking several months ago (aside from a few here and there) and was wondering if the e-cigs are any good.

(I miss my nicotine)

I have had 3 types of e-cigs, they are fun to use and are a great relief when inside or used as a stop smoking aid (Not meant to be used like this)

When I started off, I used this guy he is very helpful and his reviews are top notch.

http://www.youtube.com/user/igetcha69

Send him a PM and he will reply you with any questions asked.

My advice is that if you have stopped smoking don't start these. You could get hooked on these and before you know it you are spending more money for the different juices/replacements & devices. In the end its nicotine and its addictive, just 100% like smoking except of the health issues, but that is still under going thorough tests to determine if there really worth the risk and doesn't cause other problems,

Hope this helps.

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Tastes like crap. Expensive. You look like an idiot.

'Nuff said.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Patches? Gum? Nicotine replacement comes in many formats. On the other hand if it's the fidget and chew habit you're missing, get some polo mints.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by JayOnThaBeat View Post
I've been chewing (regular) gum like a mad-man.

I originally quit using Nicorette (which worked great btw) and about a month ago switched from that to regular gum.

Like I said, I don't mind being a nicotine junkie. I just (physically) couldn't smoke anymore.
Then the nicorette would seem to be you solution. Gives you both the nicotine and the 'chewing' fix, without the smoke.

They say nicotine is one of the most addictive substances going - far harder t give up than heroin and cocaine as the brain receptors becoe completely changed by it. They also say that it actually makes you more stressed as a smoker - nicotine seems to lower the stress levels... until you need your next fix.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
I found that Smokeaway made quitting physiologically painless. I found it cheaper than the link here, but it's the right stuff. It's been six weeks and I occasionally jones for a cigarette, but it even feels like it's just psychological desire. Look at the reviews. It seems to be a better bet than nicotine replacement.

As for the e-cigarettes, there's this whole forum devoted to it. Somewhere in there a really smart guy posted a l-o-o-ong informative intro to the subject. I decided against the things.

lol i chewed gumand mints like mad when i tried to give up smoking, ended up damaging my teeth!

Originally Posted by CrashandDie View Post
Tastes like crap. Expensive. You look like an idiot.

'Nuff said.
I've recently bought this:

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com...c-product.html

I basically chain smoke when out of work. This will be my first "E-cig" so I can't comment on the taste yet... not till it arrives this week.

I smoke roll ups by choice. Use a rolling tin / machine out of ease - it holds all my accessories also. The idea of not having to carry all that around seems great. Not having to clean ash out my car / room all of the time. Not having to worry about getting burns in clothes, or the dreaded yellow fingers

As for the cost... not having to pay for lighter fluid, flints, wicks, papers, filters, tobacco. I don't expect to see a saving straight away, but over time sure. I don't plan on collecting the things!

As for looking like an idiot... I never started smoking to look cool.

Also, on the subject of alternatives... if any of you use a Gillette Mach #, or other multi-blade razor. May I suggest trying out safety razors:

http://www.shaving-shack.com/merkur-38c.html

Sooo much better / cheaper in my opinion. Do some research on them, I for one am not looking back. Great gift idea for Xmas as well!

Last edited by Spudboy; 2009-11-30 at 01:58.

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Safety razors really change the way you shave! Another website for safety razors:

http://www.leesrazors.com/

Excellent service, very good offers and all-round prices.

Tags
black lung, less cancer, racist against cancer