Posts: 32 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ CA USA
Mine is made in Korea, Purchased from the Nokia FlagShip store in NYC. Mine constantly reboots, its going back today or tomorrow for an exchange

Korea. Bought from NokiaUSA.com No issues

Just to make it simple. They are all made in Korea told by Nokia exec in a interview Prototypes where made in Finland

It's also first Nokia flagship not made in Finland Salo factory. That's second largest Nokia factory and makes only high end phones.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Maldives
From what I am seeing, Nokia should have made the device in Finland, obviously there are some hardware issues, and considering the limited number of devices in circulation it's a bit scary to know there are so many problems already popping up.

Yes, but then you have to pay £900 for it like the iphone, the n97 was made there and that got crap Hardware (IT COST THEM LOADS MAKING IT IN FINLAND THEY EVEN HAD TO USE CRAP MEM) and it sold for the same price, think about it

my phone is ok with no problems

(oh yes the n97 had crap gps and lens cover and that was made in finland, so there)

yOU ARE ALWAYS GOING TO GET SOME PROBLEMS WHEN YOU START MAKING SOMTHING

Last edited by j2001m; 2009-11-29 at 14:54.

Posts: 280 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
eh? Its black!

The flash makes it look gray - and the plastic cover on the device makes it look gray too...
Dude, a flash doesn't make black become grey. Plus the entire box is grey, when as the normal ones are black. I'm saying, there was some grey prototype.

overexposed photographs make black things look like grey things. It's that simple..

The Following User Says Thank You to nintendogs For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nashith View Post
From what I am seeing, Nokia should have made the device in Finland, obviously there are some hardware issues, and considering the limited number of devices in circulation it's a bit scary to know there are so many problems already popping up.
N97 had it's share of problems and so did N95 both where made also in Finland.
If one forum 10 people complaining still dosen't mean it's crap when example N95 was bought by 16 million people(N97 had bigger sales from the start than N95) and who you think will be the loudest ones? With Nokia volumes it's good to keep perspective.

That said N900 clearly seems to have some hw problems reading complaints about it, but i don't think in a bigger picture it would make much of a difference where the device is made.

Last edited by tissot; 2009-11-29 at 14:56.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
N97 had it's share of problems and so did N95 both where made also in Finland.
If one forum got 10 people complaining it still dosen't mean it's crap when example N95 was bought by 16 million people(N97 had bigger sales from the start than N95) and who you think will be the loudest ones? With Nokia volumes it's good to keep perspective.

That said N900 clearly seems to have some hw problems reading complaints about it, but i don't think in a bigger picture it would make much of a difference where the device is made.
RIGHT!!! ON

ALSO TO NOTE THE HARDWARE WAS WAY CRAP ON THE N97 THEY UNDER COSTED ON THE MEM (I.E. NEEDEED TO BE 250mb ON THE C DRIVE DUE TO THE HOMESCREEN)

ONE GOOD THING IS THE N900 HARDWARE IS TOP $$$$$$ WHEN YOU GET ONE THAT WORKING

Last edited by j2001m; 2009-11-29 at 14:59.