Active Topics

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Alabama
I have Google Voice forwarded to Gizmo5, Skype, and T-Mobile. When someone calls my Google number, all 3 calls come in almost simultaneously. Is there a way to choose which service to answer?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hitec For This Useful Post:
Posts: 199 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ gbg.se

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nymajoak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
I also find this annoying with having SIP and Skype configured.

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Originally Posted by hitec View Post
I have Google Voice forwarded to Gizmo5, Skype, and T-Mobile. When someone calls my Google number, all 3 calls come in almost simultaneously. Is there a way to choose which service to answer?
I can't believe Nokia did not think of this possibility. Surely its a no brainer that some time you might get a call from multiple services at the same and that one might be your private line and the other your business, so you would need to choose which you answer.

still, loads to do for nokia. it's a very basic problem, and it's overlooked. waw, cant call this device a phone.

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 1,123 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Helsinki
Just for reference, you could describe how your current phone(s) handle situations like these?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ragnar For This Useful Post:
ha, they do not, ha

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Alabama
j2001m is right. My Windows Mobile phone had a Skype client but I rarely used it because it played out of the rear speaker so there was no privacy. I will post this in brainstorm tonight. The only UI design I can think of is have multiple green answer buttons under the picture. One labeled "SIP", the other labeled "CELL", and so on. If you have any thoughts or ideas, please post.

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Originally Posted by j2001m View Post
ha, they do not, ha
Ah yes but which answers when you press answer? Surely one of them does, although how it decides which is anyones guess.

Originally Posted by hitec View Post
j2001m is right. My Windows Mobile phone had a Skype client but I rarely used it because it played out of the rear speaker so there was no privacy. I will post this in brainstorm tonight. The only UI design I can think of is have multiple green answer buttons under the picture. One labeled "SIP", the other labeled "CELL", and so on. If you have any thoughts or ideas, please post.
I can't think of a better solution either.

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
There should be some sort of prioritization and default setting. I don't like having to choose SIP for every call, either, but can't find a default calling setting.

Does the incoming call show multiple calls coming in?

The Following User Says Thank You to christexaport For This Useful Post: