Active Topics

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Wolverhampton
Originally Posted by joedumper View Post
I've finally accepted that after todays pushout of the Amazon delivery date, that it ain't gona happen

I've just preordered with nokia online shop Uk, but the confirmation email doesn't look good for me getting it before christmas :

Any chance they are just being cautious ???

Ive been told the same from them, but ive also been told off memebers here that this is a standard message.

Originally Posted by dansus View Post
I didnt want to give Vodafone my money so i ordered the HD2 on Tmobile and will sell it to a friend for £500 and buy the N900 when its on the shelves.

That way i get it for £30pm \18m.
Your friend could just get it for new with that price..

Just spoke to Chris at NOS about the order I had made. He said that it will definitely be shipped this week but he couldn't give me a specific date. Last week I was told they would receive stock by Wednesday 2nd December. If I dont get a shipment notice tomorrow from NOS im going to cancel my order and go down to the flagship store on Friday.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bilhouse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 156 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Nottingham, UK
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
They did it to you just so I don't have to be lonely
I have some small comfort in knowing I'm not the only one

i just phoned up MPD they said they will send all the orders within 2 weeks!

So how many people are going to go to the NFS on Friday in the hope that they have some in stock? I imagine there will be people queueing??

My Amazon UK order just got pushed to December 16th as well.

I think it's pretty likely they won't ship before Jan 2010, that would be 5 months after the announcement of the N900 and 3 months atfer I preordered in October.

I'm cancelling my order and going with a different platform, probably a Motorola Milestone. I have to compromise on too many things to own an N900.

On the offchance anyone from Nokia marketing is browsing the thread

For businesses today, operational profitability is no longer enough: business success is dependant on delivering successful customer outcomes that increase loyalty, and reduce turnover and the associated high costs of customer acquisition. Customer Expectation Management shows how customer expectations exist in every point of contact, driving the necessity for repeatable business processes that align a business with its customers’ success. A process-centric organization with that alignment as their goal can go beyond the mere efficiency gains of process improvement to proactively avoid failures – that is, any missed customer expectations – before they occur, and generate a high degree of customer loyalty."
—Sandy Kemsley, Principal, Kemsley Design and Author, Column2.com

The "customer experience" with the N900 has been a disaster to date. Multiple delays, lack of information, poor retail experience and poor quality control. The only think the N900 has taught me is that Nokia has learned nothing about how to do business or how to interact with consumers.

If Nokia is still around in 12-18 months I'll give Maemo 6 a shot.

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by cameron View Post
So how many people are going to go to the NFS on Friday in the hope that they have some in stock? I imagine there will be people queueing??
I am going to maemo long weekend in barcelona on thursday night. My nokia.co.uk order is still pending shipping and they claim on the phone that it will ship this week (not that I believe that claim anymore).

Have people actually received devices ordered from NOS?

I'm really kicking myself now as I canceled my NOS pre-order in September in the belief that MPD were actually telling the truth about their exclusivity.

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ NE UK
Originally Posted by jaark View Post
Have people actually received devices ordered from NOS?
if NOS is shop.nokia.co.uk, then yes, I (pre-)ordered mine 20th oct, and it was delivered last friday.

The icing on the cake was getting the multiple discounts honoured; sim-free at 306 GBP

Strictly, they didn't need to do this, as within their terms and conditions they reserve the right to cancel any pre-order.

Whether they let it through deliberately or due to the apparent disarray in their ordering system I don't know.

Tags
lack of quality control, myfrickenphoneshipped, what a dud