Active Topics

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ South Yorkshire
Originally Posted by open-collar View Post
Are the phones not different for the US market?
Can't think of any reason why they would be..

Originally Posted by open-collar View Post
Are the phones not different for the US market?
Nope same bands.

Crikey, what is wrong with Nokia and their staff, I Phoned regent street store and asked when n900 will be available to general public. They said Friday, and i would not need to preorder. I said , will it definately be there Friday, and the lass said PROBABLY. Exact same conversation I had about 4 weeks ago, .... WTF....
Idiotic company or what..

Originally Posted by nokiafarce View Post
Crikey, what is wrong with Nokia and their staff, I Phoned regent street store and asked when n900 will be available to general public. They said Friday, and i would not need to preorder. I said , will it definately be there Friday, and the lass said PROBABLY. Exact same conversation I had about 4 weeks ago, .... WTF....
Idiotic company or what..
I was going to do the same thing, just wait for release day, but didn't want to be ****ed over again like the previous 2 weeks. Preordered today and Jon said I WILL be able to collect friday morning.

It's also ridiculous that they don't accept pre-orders over the phone.

Hi guys,

I'm not interested on the Nokia Retail Store (for the moment) because I've bought 2 N900 with Nokia Online UK and TopCashBack (12% off) which means I will get £120 if everything goes right.

However, I was on the store the last Saturday and I played with the device for about an hour.

During that time I was speaking with the guy in charge to show the device and I asked about when they will have the device on the store and he said on Friday.

I asked "Definitely?". He answered "YES"

Other thing is what will happen the next Friday .

Good luck to everyone.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Richmond, UK
Originally Posted by spadge View Post
I was going to do the same thing, just wait for release day, but didn't want to be ****ed over again like the previous 2 weeks. Preordered today and Jon said I WILL be able to collect friday morning.

It's also ridiculous that they don't accept pre-orders over the phone.
Keep us update with this. I was told (by Jon) that if I quit my pre-order from MPD and order through NFS I will probably get it later. The same was said to other people and that the same stock will serve for both MPD and NFS on a date ordered basis.

It all sounds like nobody knows for sure what's happening or the truth is hidden for some reason...

Last edited by ddracopo; 2009-12-01 at 18:48.

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 572 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford
Originally Posted by sharper View Post
Nope same bands.
But a different keyboard layout, I believe.

Originally Posted by ewan View Post
But a different keyboard layout, I believe.
I could be mistaken but I believe the European one has a different keyboard but the US and UK has the same one. If so it might explain the chronic shortage in the UK.

Originally Posted by sharper View Post
I could be mistaken but I believe the European one has a different keyboard but the US and UK has the same one. If so it might explain the chronic shortage in the UK.
Makes no odds anyway as they could have put uk layout on them if they wanted.

Originally Posted by squirreluk View Post
Makes no odds anyway as they could have put uk layout on them if they wanted.
Yes but my thinking is that they diverted units to the US market late in the game. The UK market has experienced quite a number of unexplained delays while the US market got units early.

Tags
lack of quality control, myfrickenphoneshipped, what a dud