Active Topics

Originally Posted by sharper View Post
Yes but my thinking is that they diverted units to the US market late in the game. The UK market has experienced quite a number of unexplained delays while the US market got units early.
Could this big delay not all be down to the fact that vodafone were trying to make a deal for the exclusivity. So while this was going on they just sent them to the us? Maybe it took a month or two for the deal to be setup?

Hey, i just wanted to know when roughly do you think i would recieve the nokia n900 if i ordered it on the 30/11/09 from the official nokia online store ?
Thanks in advance....

Originally Posted by tanekray View Post
I preordered on exactly the same day. Still "This order has not shipped."
I sat on a play.com preorder for a month before that. I wished I'd moved to nokia.co.uk sooner; I'd have my phone now if I had.
edit (maybe )
I think we should be in the second batch. Because the lady i spoke to said you are in the second. Hopefully your in the same boat. I was going to order from play.com as well but they delayed the release date so i thought forget it. Try nokia online store. Fingers crossed we're in the second batch and receive the phone by money. ( VERY unlikely, nearly impossible lol)

Originally Posted by abzzzzy View Post
Hey, i just wanted to know when roughly do you think i would recieve the nokia n900 if i ordered it on the 30/11/09 from the official nokia online store ?
Thanks in advance....
Good luck. Don't think you will get it before christmas. Might as well wait for public release the way things are going right now.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bhavz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 946 | Thanked: 1,650 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by sharper View Post
I could be mistaken but I believe the European one has a different keyboard but the US and UK has the same one. If so it might explain the chronic shortage in the UK.
what is the "European" version and why is UK not in Europe?

BTW, if you don't mind a German layout: Amazon.de is going to ship on Dec 4.

Posts: 946 | Thanked: 1,650 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
some possibly interesting news for Amazon UK preorders:
Last week Amazon Germany set the shipping date to "in 3-4 weeks".
This evening it was updated to "Dec. 4th"

Hi again. I'm now thinking of purchasing the USA version. Can someone please tell me EXACTLY what the difference is, if there is any ? Thanks....

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bucharest, Romania
Originally Posted by abzzzzy View Post
Hi again. I'm now thinking of purchasing the USA version. Can someone please tell me EXACTLY what the difference is, if there is any ? Thanks....
No major difference. it seems the only difference is on the wireless channels, 1-11 in US vs. 1-13 in EU, even tho I did not see many wireless networks using 11-13 channels here in Romania. Maybe someone could statistically say how many wireless spots have those channels.
Warranty might be the only real difference.

Last edited by Jidi; 2009-12-01 at 22:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jidi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by titan View Post
what is the "European" version and why is UK not in Europe?

BTW, if you don't mind a German layout: Amazon.de is going to ship on Dec 4.
Your second sentence suggests your first question requires no answer. If you don't know what "European" means in a context where the UK is mentioned separately I'm not going to help you out.

Originally Posted by titan View Post
some possibly interesting news for Amazon UK preorders:
Last week Amazon Germany set the shipping date to "in 3-4 weeks".
This evening it was updated to "Dec. 4th"
Amazon UK orders changed to Dec 16th today.

Tags
lack of quality control, myfrickenphoneshipped, what a dud