Posts: 156 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Nottingham, UK
Originally Posted by joedumper View Post
Interesting Thor,
I've an American Express here aswell i could try, ( but it has an Irish billing address aswell )

I'm clinging to hope, that the fact i haven't received a cancellation email yet is a good sign !
I was getting worried about CC being cancelled, so I phoned my bank to put my mind at rest.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Kingston-Upon-Hul, UK / Le Mans, FR
I don't where to post it so I put it here.

I am hesitating between Pre-order on Nokia.co.uk or wait for the N900 in store like Handtec, Clove, Oyyy (In order to save £50) .

I would like to have absolutly the N900 before the 15 (Away for weeks after) and if possible as soon as possible ...

Some advice ?

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
I'd order with nokia.co.uk, personally.

The Following User Says Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
Just got my automated "release" email, and checked with my bank and it was authorised fine.

Who knows what pitfalls are ahead though...
If I'm lucky this time maybe Thursday/Friday I'll get the little bugger! Hope so.

Originally Posted by deadmalc View Post
Just got my automated "release" email, and checked with my bank and it was authorised fine.

Who knows what pitfalls are ahead though...
If I'm lucky this time maybe Thursday/Friday I'll get the little bugger! Hope so.
The hard bit is over! We will all get super working phones and be happy, and look back and laugh at this whole mess!!
...subject to UPS doing their job!

Originally Posted by Thor View Post
It may be different outside London. Give them a call and ask for the delivery day. It should say on the tracking site, otherwise you lose a day's work.
I happen to be at home the next 2 days anyway, so fingers crossed it all works out nicely

Posts: 175 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Manchester UK
For all of you who have pre-ordered but not delivered, it might be worth letting your credit card provider know that a transaction from Nokia will be going through and not to reject it - they normally put a note on the account!

Finally something went right for me!

WARNING if you have pre-ordered you N900 and are still yet to receive it you may not want to read the rest of this post. I suggest you skip everything I’m about to say because it will probably just make u hate me and hate nokia even more…

I really wanted to wait until I could just walk into the store and grab an N900 there n then but I bit the bullet and went into the NFS regents street on Monday and pre-ordered my N900. The guy told me that I would be able to pick it up on Friday (great I thought!). Then get a phone call yesterday (Tuesday… yes the day AFTER Monday) same guy at the NFS sayin that a number of people have cancelled their pre-orders and I can come and pick up my N900!! Couldn’t get down there yesterday but today only a matter of hours ago I walked into the NFS and walked out with my brand new N900 AND a Bluetooth headset!!

It’s sitting here charging on my desk right now, cant wait for that lil light to change colour! Think I might just sit here all day playing with it whilst bathing in the jealousy of others. Oh Yes

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biggzi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 117 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Wolverhampton
Originally Posted by biggzi View Post

WARNING if you have pre-ordered you N900 and are still yet to receive it you may not want to read the rest of this post. I suggest you skip everything I’m about to say because it will probably just make u hate me and hate nokia even more…

I really wanted to wait until I could just walk into the store and grab an N900 there n then but I bit the bullet and went into the NFS regents street on Monday and pre-ordered my N900. The guy told me that I would be able to pick it up on Friday (great I thought!). Then get a phone call yesterday (Tuesday… yes the day AFTER Monday) same guy at the NFS sayin that a number of people have cancelled their pre-orders and I can come and pick up my N900!! Couldn’t get down there yesterday but today only a matter of hours ago I walked into the NFS and walked out with my brand new N900 AND a Bluetooth headset!!

It’s sitting here charging on my desk right now, cant wait for that lil light to change colour! Think I might just sit here all day playing with it whilst bathing in the jealousy of others. Oh Yes
How are people getting the headset?

Mines being processed through the online stoore as we speak but i doubt id bet getting a free headset?

Originally Posted by biggzi View Post

Yes, I thought that would happen this week, but thought more like Thurs, Fri.
I'm not near a shop, so didn't really have any other option.
Yes I am jealous!

Tags
lack of quality control, myfrickenphoneshipped, what a dud