Active Topics

Yeah, I saw the same problem with youtube videos. Horribly out of sync. Reminds me of the old QuickTime MJPEG audio drifts but worse!

I hope that it is a bug which ran into the new firmware in the last minute.
<frustration>
<anger>Aaaargh!!!</anger>
<irony> Juhu! Next week, Nokia is gonna present a new firmware with fixed flash playback. By the end of the year, we'll be masters of "How many applications can you install in just 60 Minutes!?" I bet, we're going to beat EVERY single Microsoft user on the whole wide world! WoW, I get a brilliant idea! Why installing apps? It's much more effective to use just the base-system, so everytime we do an upgrade(translated to Nokia philosophie: 70% Upgrade, 30% Downgrade -> Mixgrade) we don't need to do anything!!! Isn't that very very consumer friendly? Nokia is so so so pleasant
</irony>
</frustration>

This update worked fine..a word to the wise tho..BACKUP!! I neglected to backup and all my applications were gone when I started it..o well..half the stuff i didn't use anyway. Have to re-input all the repositories..mapper..all that..sux

Originally Posted by DCr33P View Post
There is another "funny" thing which catch my eyes. Now, the "softpoweroff" mode works a little bit different. I changed a line in the /etc/mce/mce.ini file and the when I press the powerbutton long enough the device powers off the screen and blocks all the keys. Compared to pre-10.7 time, I hear a "click" when I press buttons or tap the screen. Actually I can confirm that nowthing is beeing changed "in the background", just the tapping sounds.
It doesn't make sence, because everytime I tap the screen and press a button in "softpoweroff mode" the CPU has to do something (playing a "click" sound) and probably gets out of it's powersaving cycles.
I can't confirm this. I flashed the new firmware this morning, and I edited /etc/mce/mce.ini as well (and also /etc/systemui/systemui.xml), and in softpoweroff mode, taps on the screen do nothing, and hardware button presses do nothing, except for the power button, which emits the button-press sound if you just tap it (as opposed to holding it down, which turns the N800 back on).

@fldude99:
I did a backup with the nokia backup/restore tool and restored it successfuly, I also did a backup (rather complete clone) of my system on SD. All that saves about 20 Minutes of time, not that much compared to the whole work. One good thing is that I have my /etc backed up. I can't have done more backup-things, still it a lot of time.

@gnuite:
It's good to hear, because then it's not a bug in the new firmware.
But after flashing, both of us had nearly identical systems... so why? :-S

Posts: 564 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fayetteville, GA
Guess that settles it, I'm waiting until YouTube "works" on the N800, or until Nokia releases a new Internet Tablet that can truly live up to it's hype.
3pm - So good, it's illegal

My canola podcast player is crashing after installing the latest OS update !!

There have been mixed results to the OS upgrade, so it's probably worth listing what we installed, and if we have trouble. I have the following software:

maemomapper
gaim (AOL protocol)
xterm
becomeroot
gpe calendar, contacts, todo
gpe summary
statusbarclock
fmradio

All this worked before the upgrade, and it works now. The backup restored my repository list, so the re-installation wasn't to bad. I used the windows software.

Youtube is much better (but still needs work), and I can now watch movies using media player. I hope this helps someone.

Howard

After updating OS to my n800, and reinstalling some apps. My internet connection will not disconnect, I cannot put it offline when I want to. I have to turn off my tablet. Has anyone experience this. I don't know what is doing this.
"less is like more but better"

Originally Posted by DoctorDan View Post
Before this latest firmware, pandora.com which uses Flash 7 loaded just fine and played streaming music. Now the flash app gets stuck trying to load. Any way to revert back to previous firmware?
Pandora still works fine for me with the update. Still takes forever to start up -- still silences the audio when the screen blanks, but that's how it was before the update.