Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by ninjaboxergirl View Post
Thank you oooo i never thoguht of that!!

. Did we decide if they were delivering saturday morning?
if we all hope and wish at the same time, by some miracle it may happen?

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Originally Posted by ninjaboxergirl View Post
Thank you oooo i never thoguht of that!!

. Did we decide if they were delivering saturday morning?
I reckon they do deliver on Saturdays, certainly I've had post here (Sheffield, is that where you are?) on a Saturday so I'm hoping that applies to parcels as well...

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by wellmadeup View Post
Hi everybody, been following this forum since the beginning and just registered to share my good news. I ordered on 14th november and my order status has just changed to "ready for dispatch" so fingers crossed i get delivery tomorrow and also for all those who ordered after the 9th november hopefully you will get a status change today also. yey.
Great news! thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to SHR3WD For This Useful Post:
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ The Edge Of My Seat/London
Originally Posted by Liamsbab View Post
Yes I got that e-mail. The woman I spoke to was very off-handed and told me they were trying to 'override' the credit check Hubbie thinks they are lying and it is just another excuse for the delay, I am not so sure and feel really disheartened
Maybe they are lying. I think you would have been notified if it was declined when you first ordered it. Call and speak to someone else later, see what happens.

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
I reckon they do deliver on Saturdays, certainly I've had post here (Sheffield, is that where you are?) on a Saturday so I'm hoping that applies to parcels as well...
Royal Mail do, but I am not sure Special Delivery do as they have a extra charge for Saturday delivery. It might only be for Guaranteed Saturday delivery, but I cannot remember.

Originally Posted by Alex Atkin UK View Post
Royal Mail do, but I am not sure Special Delivery do as they have a extra charge for Saturday delivery. It might only be for Guaranteed Saturday delivery, but I cannot remember.
Guaranteed Saturday Delivery costs extra, but most Special Deliveries will be delivered before 1pm on a Saturday anyway. It just depends on how close you are to a major sorting office and if you have a postman delivering on Saturday.

Special Deliveres go out with the postie, not parcelforce. If the box is really big, a separate man in a van will go around.

But yes - Specials DO turn up on Saturdays. You can check this all on the Royal Mail website...

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bristol, UK
Originally Posted by nugget81 View Post
The phone is unlocked, in the about, it has
version 1.2009.42-11.203.2
Thanks, according to this bug:

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5315

The 3 sim problem was fixed in 2009.42.11 so I'm going to order one now - hope it arrives by Christmas.

Originally Posted by Dexter1759 View Post
When did you order? What method? contract? location? etc?
10/11, Voda Upgrade, London.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Rochdale UK
Hi everyone I'm new to this forum following for few weeks I got one question if anyone can help when will I get my n900 what I need to do

1: fully charged before turn it one?
2: turned it one and the fully charged before using?
3: use a bit then charge?
4: drain the battery then charge?
5: or put simcard in then charge?
Or I have to do anything else because I don't want any problems with mic or battery. Thanx in advance every one.

And I hopefully get my phone tomarow order 20/10 and had credit check and showing ready for dispatch. But no call.

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Originally Posted by ashre View Post
Thanks, according to this bug:

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5315

The 3 sim problem was fixed in 2009.42.11 so I'm going to order one now - hope it arrives by Christmas.
Ah I had not noticed that, so that WAS one of the things they worked on during the delay. Not that I will utilise it myself, but its good to know.