Posts: 139 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on May 2008 @ France
On the 1st picture of the AZERTY N900 I saw, the 4 directional arrows were located on only 2 keys, you had to use the function button to use half of the arrows.

But I just saw a new picture of the AZERTY N900, in the Phonehouse catalog, where the arrows each had their own key :

Can anyone with a french N900 tell us what is the actual layout of the keyboard ? Or better, post a picture of the real AZERTY device ?

Thanks

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Kingston-Upon-Hul, UK / Le Mans, FR
The french keyboard is not like this. Arrows are not separate.

Last edited by Flanbix; 2009-12-05 at 12:08.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flanbix For This Useful Post:
Awww, crap, I guess I'll buy it in AZERTY anyway and remap those keys... Did you buy it recently or is it a pre-release ?
Thanks.

Posts: 142 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Italy
AFAIK all non UK/US/NL keyboards are equipped with the stupid two arrows keyboard.

You can change the sw layout paying the price of some swapped keys.

The only way to get a fully functional keyboard is a keyboard mambrane swap.

Any link to a spare vendor who sells the item is very welcomed

Last edited by The_Solutor; 2009-12-08 at 01:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to The_Solutor For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Kingston-Upon-Hul, UK / Le Mans, FR
It is not a picture of mine, I have a QWERTY ^^

The Following User Says Thank You to Flanbix For This Useful Post:
Ok, I guess it's the same one I saw a while ago. Since I have not seen yet an actual french post-release N900 keyboard, or have heard of actual AZERTY post-release N900 owners, there's still a slight hint of hope... But most likely, the Phonehouse pic is a photoshopped QWERTY N900.