Posts: 37 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bucharest, Romania
hi again,

first batch of phones came in today at the official nokia importers as worldcomm, gersim and others. after trying to get my hands on one for all the day and the importers gave all of them to their resellers, i managed to find a few at a small gsm store in ploiesti. so, i called them and reserved the device and i drove to there. telefonulmeu.eu is their website, they still had a few on stock. price was 2299 ron.
there are also a few sites that are selling phones bought fromm dubai at bigger prices, check shopmania.ro
this one i bought came with nokia warranty. the importers are expecting new stock at the begining of next week.
try to call the ploiesti store if you live nearby, they had the lowest price.
good luck!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jidi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Romania, Bucharest
I've called the guys in the morning, they only had 5 pieces, sold out. The official word in bucharest is tuesday morning. All the rest available in ro come from saudies, 700 euro which is a no go.

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York, US
There are Nokia authorized sellers in Romania, that's how the distribution happens there. It's the same thing as buying it from a flagship store: the phone is unlocked and you have warranty.

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Sep 2006 @ Bucuresti, Romania
Very good news !

I can't wait to touch one.

We all maemo fans in Romania should go out for a beer sometime .

Originally Posted by Jidi View Post
hi again,

first batch of phones came in today at the official nokia importers as worldcomm, gersim and others. after trying to get my hands on one for all the day and the importers gave all of them to their resellers, i managed to find a few at a small gsm store in ploiesti. so, i called them and reserved the device and i drove to there. telefonulmeu.eu is their website, they still had a few on stock. price was 2299 ron.
there are also a few sites that are selling phones bought fromm dubai at bigger prices, check shopmania.ro
this one i bought came with nokia warranty. the importers are expecting new stock at the begining of next week.
try to call the ploiesti store if you live nearby, they had the lowest price.
good luck!
please can you tell me if the keyboard is somehow personalized ( no cursor keys ... diacritics ...etc. ). I want to buy one but I want one with US intl keyboard.

Thanks in advance

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bucharest, Romania
Originally Posted by Stetty View Post
please can you tell me if the keyboard is somehow personalized ( no cursor keys ... diacritics ...etc. ). I want to buy one but I want one with US intl keyboard.

Thanks in advance
That's the keyboard Romania got, internationa/US/UK/whatsoever keyboard, full 4 arrows on the keyboard, QWERTY (the Y and Z are exactly where they should be), you have dollar, pound, euro signs (no % tho ), no diacritics, just standard international keyb. You and myself should be happy

BTW, as a price update, it seems to getting lower and lower. You can find it imported from Nokia with Nokia warranty for about 2200-2300 RON and imported from Dubai for 480-490 euros, but no actual warranty (only provided by the seller = nul)

Good luck!

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Sorry to push this into this thread but anybody here had GPRS trouble? Mine doesn't work with Connex/Vodafone.

Does yours? If so, can I please have the settings?

--

Oh, and, on-topic, there is no Nokia Store, however, they work via a few retailers that are partners and act like Nokia. I called them in November and they said they can't give me one until the official launch, and quoted 15th of December. They did say, however, that I can contact one of the direct retailers listed and reserve one and as soon as possible one will arrive.

I contacted several retailers and they said that they had them but couldn't sell them until the Nokia release date. I saw a few in the wild though and decided to push it, and I got one quite early. Not from them, however.

Last edited by ndi; 2009-12-14 at 21:18.