Active Topics

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by msa View Post
you cant get closer than 45 cm to take sharp pictures?
this cant be right. your camera is a semi-professional camera, isnt it?
Don't mix apples and oranges. Cameras with big sensors and classic camera mounts are at a disadvantage in the macro realm for several reasons. You can counter those, but then you're talking about dedicated macro equipment.

agreed with those who said that this is jus a phone camera. even with a DSLR and a stock lens wun get you anything at 3cm with poor lighting... u're jus pushing e lens too much. manual focus might help but not for e kind of macro shots tt (i believe) u expected.

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Don't mix apples and oranges. Cameras with big sensors and classic camera mounts are at a disadvantage in the macro realm for several reasons. You can counter those, but then you're talking about dedicated macro equipment.
hm ok, i didnt know that.
i'm not a professional camera-user, but a normal casual one. i mean, i know about dedicated pro-camera equip (like macro- or zoom-lenses), but i didnt know that expensive (semi-)professional cameras need to have extra equip for macro (and propably for other features as well) and are not capable of these things from start.

but i guess thats normal because that makes those cameras so customisable.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by msa View Post
what does that mean?
you cant get closer than 45 cm to take sharp pictures?

this cant be right. your camera is a semi-professional camera, isnt it?

i have a samsung wb550. the closest distance i can get to is around 4 to 5 cm. when i get closer, the camera doesnt focus and the pic will get blurry. but on around 4 to 5 cm, the pictures are still dead sharp.
yes, with 50 1.4 objective minimum focus distance is 45cm. if you put extension tubes, you can focus closer but loose ability to focus to infinity.

and my camera is very old top of the line pro model and the objective is "classic normal objective", aka the most common build and magnification value to slr. it was brought up just for showing the perspective. so if you buy 5000eur frame plus 2000eur objective, you cant shoot what you can with.n900's camera. (of course with post processing you know why you used your 7000eur.....)
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search