Active Topics

hello

today i bought the nokia n900, turned in on, then installed some applications form this website... nothing more, and now, my phone restarts or rebootes (but not hole, its like just restart xserver @ normal linux) all the time wenn I am ready with a phonecall or look at the map or whatever... sometimes it doesn't happen for 1 hour, sometimes it happen 2 times during 5 minutes... i can not reproduce the error when i want...
it suxx really hard... please what can i do? i have uninstalled alle the software which i installed, but still the same

any ideas ? i looked for stuff like factory reset, like in symbian phones... but i found nothing.

i have maemo 5 version 1.2009.42.11

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Have a look at http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware for instructions on reflashing the phone.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Threads merged.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 18 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Barcelona, Spain
Originally Posted by 白い熊 View Post
It should be rock stable, unless you put an extra heavy load on the CPU, as I have also and it reboot.

Maybe it's running out of tmp or something, I've set TMPDIR to point to a tmp dir on the huge partition, but cannot set it for root as /root/.profile doesn't seem to help, so maybe it's this.

Anyone can set TMPDIR for root automatically on boot?
Reboots keep happening. I contact Nokia support and they told me that there were some wrong units sended from online store. They send me a free return email and told me that I will have to wait [B]3 weeks[/B ]. Hope next one comes better and I think that we need a new firmware.

So I exchanged my phone for another one, working perfectly, no reboot in sight (hopefully never), so I believe it is hardware-related since the phone is identical.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thegame4ever For This Useful Post:
hi all i am only having reboots when using vgb and playing pokemon yellow not sure what the problem is is it the rom or is it a issue with the vgb emulator is it possible to use a gb rom on the vgba emulator any help would be great

I have a device that I received from Dell on 2009-12-04 with the reboot issue (it would reboot at random, I wasn't able to narrow it down to a specific cause), it is being sent back to Dell tomorrow.

Originally Posted by awwaiid View Post
I have a device that I received from Dell on 2009-12-04 with the reboot issue (it would reboot at random, I wasn't able to narrow it down to a specific cause), it is being sent back to Dell tomorrow.
Did dell say how long u have to wait for a replacement?

Posts: 167 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warwickshire
Had the phone since yesterday. Multiple reboots throughout both days. Don't know how to get the log up. Should i just admit defeat and take it back?

N900 ordered 9/11 Got 05/12 Being sent back soon- keeps rebooting!!!! 10/12 I became the proud owner of the Nokia N900 door stop/paperweight.
11/12 became the proud owner of handset no2

Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post
Did dell say how long u have to wait for a replacement?
I actually had a concurrent order in from Amazon, and they coincidentally shipped at almost the same time. So I'm returning to Dell for a refund, and will receive the Amazon phone tomorrow.

I did ask the Dell rep how long a replacement would take to be shipped, and at first he said "3-5 days". When I asked them to check stock availability, he said "oh.... hm. Longer." I asked how much longer and he said "welllll.... *nervous chuckle*... more then 5 days." and that is about all I got out of him.

Tags
lack of quality control