Notices

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Northern DFW
@epage:
Looks like I'm finally getting my n900 tomorrow; happy to test whatever you'd like on that or my n810. (and TheOneRing whenever you have a test-ready version). Just point me in a direction and I'll see what I can do; have gvoice and various gizmo accounts (as well as an asterisk box and some other VOIP toys).
@joshua.maverick:
That's lookin' good. Have you looked into Maemo 5 themes? I'm in the dark here, but I think it might be easier/more efficient to bundle up a theme than to modify individual apps. Having some really polished themes would be great for the platform, but I'm totally without creative capability. :/

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
Yea I was going to work on a theme next, I've managed to come up with some nice button styles, so that's going to be my next task. Any good references you know of?

The Following User Says Thank You to joshua.maverick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by joshua.maverick View Post
potential new icon? thoughts?
Looks could.

Could you provide several sizes. I would guess 26x26, 48x48, and 64x64 would suffice for the different needs.

EDIT: I am mixed on one aspect though, the box around the tablet. What do you (and anyone else that wants to pipe in) think on it?

Last edited by epage; 2009-12-08 at 03:02.

Originally Posted by jiiv View Post
@epage:
Looks like I'm finally getting my n900 tomorrow; happy to test whatever you'd like on that or my n810. (and TheOneRing whenever you have a test-ready version). Just point me in a direction and I'll see what I can do; have gvoice and various gizmo accounts (as well as an asterisk box and some other VOIP toys).
Sounds great, I look forward to it! I take it you are aware of the risks and are willing to enable extras-testing? Any familiarity with the command line such that you would be able to help in resolving the Gizmo issue?

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
I was originally going to put the network type thing you have on your original icon, but then I thought it looked nice and simple. I updated the rounded square a bit, take a look.
Attached Images

Originally Posted by epage View Post
Sounds great, I look forward to it! I take it you are aware of the risks and are willing to enable extras-testing? Any familiarity with the command line such that you would be able to help in resolving the Gizmo issue?
Have flasher-3.5, will travel.
I'm fairly *nixish so cli stuff shouldn't be an issue. What's the current deal with Gizmo? I'd love to be of assistance, but I'm not getting much when running from the shell-several 'orientation' messages and one ConIc - con_ic_connection_send_event message when I first open the app; nothing new when I try to dial. I'm in 1.0.8-6, will check for updates and play around later this evening. Anything in particular I should try? Is there a verbose option somewhere for logging?
I'll read up on this thread a bit later and try to get caught up.
Thanks for a great app.

The Following User Says Thank You to jiiv For This Useful Post:
Complicated Stuff: Not Needed for Most Use Cases

Have flasher-3.5, will travel.
I'm fairly *nixish so cli stuff shouldn't be an issue. What's the current deal with Gizmo? I'd love to be of assistance, but I'm not getting much when running from the shell-several 'orientation' messages and one ConIc - con_ic_connection_send_event message when I first open the app; nothing new when I try to dial. I'm in 1.0.8-6, will check for updates and play around later this evening. Anything in particular I should try? Is there a verbose option somewhere for logging?
I'll read up on this thread a bit later and try to get caught up.
Thanks for a great app.
Logging generally goes to file (~/.dialcentral/.dialcentral.log) but when doing active debugging you can run it such that logging is printed to the console.
Code:
python2.5 /usr/lib/dialcentral/dc_glade.py
I'm trying to have built an updated version with a tiny bit more debug information printed. In the mean time you can checkout the svn directory, copy the "src" dir over to your n810 and run "dc_glade.py" directly.

I don't submit numbers the exact same way as google (I leave off the "+1"). So one thing to try is to gainroot and edit
Code:
/usr/lib/dialcentral/backends/gv_backend.py
and change the line
Code:
	def set_callback_number(self, callbacknumber):
		"""
		Set the number that GoogleVoice calls
		@param callbacknumber should be a proper 10 digit number
		"""
		self._callbackNumber = callbacknumber
		return True
to
Code:
	def set_callback_number(self, callbacknumber):
		"""
		Set the number that GoogleVoice calls
		@param callbacknumber should be a proper 10 digit number
		"""
		self._callbackNumber = "+17475551234"
		return True
And if you want to *really* get into low level
Code:
/usr/lib/dialcentral/backends/gv_backend.py USERNAME PASSWORD
That will download most webpages Dialcentral uses to the current directory. We can then use that to see if mine is different and why.

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Sounds good, I'll give those a shot and see what we end up with. It looks like this could get rather spammy; would it be best to post my results here or email/pm them directly to you?

Sounds good, I'll give those a shot and see what we end up with. It looks like this could get rather spammy; would it be best to post my results here or email/pm them directly to you?
Email might end up being best, especially so you can be lazier about censoring things (if you feel like trusting me )

Originally Posted by epage View Post
But wait there's more!

I am (slowly) working on a project called "The One Ring" which is meant to tie GoogleVoice support into Dialer/Contacts/Conversations such that it will be almost native. It will still require you to have a SIP account calls will forward to.
That would be great and will be much appreciated. Definitely miss the GV integration with Android. Sounds like it will work similar to GUAVA.