Active Topics

I've seen a number of threads where people are talking about the different problems and opinions they have on their new device, and I thought it would be good to setup a spreadsheet for tracking these issues and opinions. There's definitely some irony here since I don't actually have mine yet, but I figure there's still no reason I couldn't put this together. Below are the categories I made along descriptions of what should go in them. If someone else thinks of some other collumns we need, go ahead and add them.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...SNjBuUmc&hl=en

I hope that this won't turn into a gripe thread, and I would love for people who have no problems with their device to enter it into the tracking sheet here, but I do realize that there will probably be a self-selection bias of people who are having problems.

My hope is that overall:
1. This will be something cool to look at
2. If there is some sort of manufacturing defect with a particular batch, this will make it easier to track down.
3. We will have some meta-scores for the device (although gather those scores from owners will no doubt have a positive bias).

Here are some explanations of how I envisioned entries:

Forum User Name: your tmo username
Serial Number: your N900 serial number
Vendor: Who sold it to you (Amazon, Dell, Mobile Phones Direct, Maemo Summit, etc.)
Country: The country you bought the phone in/had the phone initially shipped to.
Made In Country: Finland, China, Korea or wherever it says it was made
Dead Pixels: Enter the number of dead pixels your device has
Reboots/Hour: when being used *actively* how many times does your device reboot per hour. This can also be "0" or ".5" if it only reboots once for two hours of active use.
Broken Back Cover: at least one person mentioned breaking their back cover, did you? Just put yes or no, you can leave details in the comments section
Broken Mic: Did your device ship with a broken mic?
Dead Screen: Did your device have a dead screen?
DOA: Did it just plane not turn on, or brick really soon after you got it?
MicroSD Issues? Not sure if anyone had a problem with this, but maybe.
Corrupt Memory Issue? It seems like a lot of people are getting this.
Other Reason for return? Probably good to put an explanation here.
Comments: duh

For the next section, just give everything an "N out of 10" score

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bocaJ For This Useful Post:
Bump because i posted my reactions (from my phone no less!). Please anyone else feel free to post.

Hi,

just took a lokk at your spreadsheet, as I don't have my N900 yet so I can't contribute but: your dead pixel count is "korea"? ;-) Does this mean I have to look up the population of Korea to know the amount of dead pixels or the kmē?

:-D
Regards,
Glasswalker

PS: just being silly this morning....