Posts: 9 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Cumbria, UK
Originally Posted by bigdrum View Post
well if it's any help l got my n900 yesterday and have put my three sim in till i'm ported over on monday evening and all seems to work fine.
Do you know what Firmware your N900 is using?
My N900 left the Netherlands yesterday and I hope my 3UK (Contract SIM) will work. Thanks

in france, the n900 doesnt work with Vodaphone France (SFR)

With this issue looking like its close to being resolved, does anyone know what 3's 'unlimited internet' on the Pay Monthly £15 SIM actually entails? I can find price plan breakdowns for Pay as you Go and Contract Phones, but there doesn't seem to be the same information for Pay Monthly SIMs on their site. Anyone happen to know?

Also, has there been any indication that they will be offering free Skype-to-Skype calls on this phone, or is this only likely to be available for people who buy the phone through a 3 Contract as and when they decide to release it?

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by bigdrum View Post
well if it's any help l got my n900 yesterday and have put my three sim in till i'm ported over on monday evening and all seems to work fine.
Exact information about Provider, Country and used software version is welcome. :-)

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by colourblind View Post
in france, the n900 doesnt work with Vodaphone France (SFR)
That's news to me. Who says that? Any references? Or you yourself having problems?
What is the exact problem? SIM card not recognized?

Originally Posted by harbourlight View Post
So is this new firmware supposed to be on the phones shipping this week? Or will I have to wait for an update?
Originally Posted by Queb View Post
Any news on the release of updated firmware ? I'm having to use a 2g Orange simcard and its horrid using the web !
In general Nokia does not announce firmware updates in advance. Hence it means waiting...
And yes, the bug is internally fixed.
Also, lma was so kind to send me a UK 3 SIM card and it worked perfectly for me running the latest internal version.

The Following User Says Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Cumbria, UK
Received my N900 today and my 3UK contract SIM is “Rejected” as is a 3UK P.A.Y.G SIM, tested it with my work O2 SIM that works OK.
Apart from the 3UK SIM Issue I am pleased with the N900.
Microphone ok
Screen Perfect

I do hope this 3 SIM issue is corrected quickly as it is very annoying not being able to use it as a phone or use the web using the cellular network!

Paul.

Hey just thought I would let you guys know that the Australian Three sim cards work fine. Put it straight in and everything worked.

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Mboro - UK
I'm confused, there's people saying 3UK sims work, and others saying they don't???

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ dublin
Originally Posted by pn51 View Post
Do you know what Firmware your N900 is using?
My N900 left the Netherlands yesterday and I hope my 3UK (Contract SIM) will work. Thanks
And did it??