Had mine since staurday didn't like the screen was a bit sticky, but then again I'm an iPhone user but it's one of those devices the more you play with it the more you grow to like it. However, the screen is much more responsive with the stylus.

I find typing on the keyboard is very slow I prefer the iPhone keyboard I can type much much much faster. It a bit weird to hold the n900 with keyboard open and then try to type. People with small hands may experience problems typing with their thumbs coz it does feel chunky. And may not be able to get across to all keys comfortably.

Cut copy and paste how do you select text on a web page it's not possible if your typing an email you can copy but from webpages I haven't worked it out if there is a way.

Facebook I would prefer an app for this as browsing the full site is annoying as the web pages don't lock to the screen size there is always a little missing and very fiddly.

YouTube very slow, plays flash but not the best experience I'd prefer th flash videos to play in the media player as on the iPhone works much better try to forward or rewind on the web page really annoying as the web page moves all ovr the place why can't the webpages just fit to screen?

By the way I'm typing this on my iPhone I find it much more comfortable and faster to type.

Nokia open keyboard on flat surface again the phone wobbles coz of the camera on back.

Videos recording fps rate is very slow replay not smooth at all. Photo quality is good screen does seem to flicker when focusing on subject.

N900 is a decent phone and hopefully things will get better and better.

Was thinking of getting rid of my iPhone but have decided to keep it along with the Nokia N900 As the games and range of apps you get on iPhone is just brilliant also I really do like the iPhone onscreen keyboard.

You might prefer lite.facebook. Heck I prefer that on the desktop and laptop since it won't load all the annoying applications that people tend to use now.

Ugh Farmville.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post

Ugh Farmville.
farmville.... i...cant...resist... its intriguing

ok. got mine today. it' great.

o come on nobody knows how to put a yahoo messenger on it?

There is already an upgrade for n900?

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Nottingham, UK
I was working when my baby girl was delivered on Friday so here’s my unboxing activities (I like to torture myself sometimes...)
10.13 delivery
11.30 opened outer box
12.15 opened inner box
1.00 (lunch time) held my baby for the first time, whilst watching the 2 promotional videos
1.10 flicked through user manual and unboxed cables etc
1.25 inserted SIM and battery
1.30 peeled off protective cover (WOW!) and switched on and had a play
1.50 made a call to check mic worked (YES!)
1.51 put on charge
5.30 installed MooBox, Bounce, Nako, SuperTux and had more play, testing what I could
Had a bit of an issue with GPS location (had to install eCoach to kickstart GPS), but apart from that everything seems to work so far. Not tested FM receiver / transmitter, or PC synchronisation yet.
WELL WORTH THE WAIT. I’m a happy N900 owner
...Just a shame I got my preorder on the day it was in the shops!
The screen was a bit sticky initially, but ok now. So far the only negative is it that it is difficult to use it whilst smoking!

The Following User Says Thank You to tanekray For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tanekray View Post
So far the only negative is it that it is difficult to use it whilst smoking!
Nice observation... I'm also a smoker (unfortunantly) so, I'll be having the same problem...

Originally Posted by Mas Termind View Post

Cut copy and paste how do you select text on a web page it's not possible if your typing an email you can copy but from webpages I haven't worked it out if there is a way.
there are so many youtubes movies or other reviews that explain this.. i gues google for "cursor mode in browser of N900" or something.

or just swipe your finger from the left to the right on the left side of the screen (going into the screen) in the browser..

the video player is pretty pants, there are a lot of codecs both audio and video it doesn't like, been able to play one video out of five so far, and that had artifacts.

roll on VLC.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ South Yorkshire
Hey guys (at long last).
received mine this morning and yes I'm impressed. Can;t quite get the scrolling properly yet without accidentally opening windows but I'm getting there.
WOW to the sound from the media player through the earphones and wicked resolution (in the 9 trailer).
Had one or two reboots but it's much happier now I'm on 3G for soem reason. Screen protector i got was useless. very thick- totally unlike another i had on my 95 and it's a fraction too big.. so hunting for a nicer one.

Tags
first impressions, fremantle, impressions, initial impressions, maemo, maemo 5, moderator, n900, out of box, out of box experience, please merge, review, shiny