Originally Posted by N900FTW View Post
Lot of whiners here complain about their phone issue, but their
REAL problem is the users unable to fix simple problem. You got
to know at least something(computer) before owning this device.
Simple search and simple troubleshooting ussually fix the problem.
If you want this device/platform and it's still potential future to be a success you will have to embrace all these users who either know little about their computers or really don't want to do a simple search. There's about to be a massive flood of these people who have real money and want this device and they will be coming here to ask every "stupid" question they can think of. And as they turn to various sources including the great Maemo community here, I will gladly smile when I answer the same question for the billionth time because I know a niche device is not going to pay Nokia's bills. Lighten up or close this forum to the public because the attitudes here can become a marketing problem.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tournstone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Everyone, please avoid the insults and personal attacks. Thank you.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Threads merged.

Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
Bratag,

I'm not sure either why you need to go to every post that doesn't have glowing remarks about the N900 and insult the posts there. And doing it using foul and offensive language.

If you are that insecure about your own purchase decision that you need to boost it by cursing at anyone who brings up any flaws they have with theirs - then maybe we could ask a moderator to give you some time-out from the playpen?
Sorry, but Bratag got a valid point there, unluckily worded maybe but valid. In the last few days/weeks more and more new people are registering just to start a new thread venting their anger, frustrations or mental PMS. I have lost count of the threads wich alway repeat the same over and over agoin. Common sense tells me to look if other peaople have the same problem(s) und maybe if there is allready a solution to this. It's good manners not to storm in and start yelling around. And: the search field ist not hidden...

My 2€cent,
Glasswalker

Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Threads merged.
Thankyou Jebus - now complain your little heads off.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Have been following these threads since I ordered N900

Got it yesterday from Nokia USA online site, was hoping that the reboot problem would not occur, but guess what?? it keeps on rebooting on and on .

Been all over this since yesterday night, is there any solution or should I return the piece?

Originally Posted by bossrulez View Post
Have been following these threads since I ordered N900

Got it yesterday from Nokia USA online site, was hoping that the reboot problem would not occur, but guess what?? it keeps on rebooting on and on .

Been all over this since yesterday night, is there any solution or should I return the piece?
I am assuming you havent installed any software out of extras-testing or extras-devel

If thats the case then return it.

If not then uninstall all the software and add it back one at a time until you find the offending piece

Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
I am assuming you havent installed any software out of extras-testing or extras-devel

If thats the case then return it.

If not then uninstall all the software and add it back one at a time until you find the offending piece
Well I have installed some softwares, maybe even from extras-testing and extras-devel

so you think the software is the problem? ok then can i just remove all applications, I mean a software reset or something?, I even haven't ported my contacts from my old phone, so am open to formatting all data too.

Is there any way of like software reset(aka formating of phone) and restore to factory settings. I have heard of "flashing" , is that the way to go?

I've had my N900 for a week (not using WLAN) and it have worked fine. Yesterday I tried to connect it to my WLAN router and immediately after it had connected it rebooted. It did that a couple of times (sw_rst as reason) until it did not boot anymore.

After reflashing the device it worked again nicely when it was not connected to my router but trying to connect always resulted in a reboot. Then I also searched for unsecured networks nearby and surprisingly there it worked without problems. No difference on my router if the network is secured or unsecured.

After this I did a hard reset on my router and even more surprisingly it seems that something in the router did caused the shutdowns as now everything seems to work fine....

Originally Posted by bossrulez View Post
Well I have installed some softwares, maybe even from extras-testing and extras-devel

so you think the software is the problem? ok then can i just remove all applications, I mean a software reset or something?, I even haven't ported my contacts from my old phone, so am open to formatting all data too.

Is there any way of like software reset(aka formating of phone) and restore to factory settings. I have heard of "flashing" , is that the way to go?
Flashing will reset your phone completely as far as I know - this is why some much emphasis is put on being careful when installing stuff from devel/test. A good rule of thumb is to install one thing - make sure it is stable - then try another.

Your best bet would be to try work back and uninstall apps. Obviously make sure they are the ones you installed otherwise you could find yourself removing apps that came with the N900.

Tags
lack of quality control