hi guys, just got screen prot. and back cover and top metal rim covers from www.clearprotector.com

screen protector is very good. in the sense little tough to use stylus otherwise everything regards to sensors( all )working excellent. with stylus its little hard to use as its more rubbery feel. still not in hurry you can use stylus.

mine was called body armour( covers everything) but still missing center peice where all the physical button and speakers are.
so anybody thinking of getting it , just get the screen protector, until we find something perfect to use with stylus. other than that its fine. it took me just 5 minits to put screen protector by itself. all other part it takes little time.
used baby shampoo ( 1 or 2 drops in glass of water.) wet your hand with that liq. and either spray on film to glueside or you can dip it into liq.
as it says dont sray on phone directly.

The Following User Says Thank You to biren11 For This Useful Post:
Just ordered an invisible shield full body, not taking any chances with this thing lol

Still looking for a simple case that can be removed easily,

Last edited by woodyear99; 2009-12-09 at 04:47.

Originally Posted by egrims View Post
Going back a few posts about Waterfield Designs and their Suede Jacket / Pocket for the N900 I got this e-mail for those who were concerned about the shipping charges to Europe. I realize it's still a little high but definitely better than 25 bucks:

Thanks for the quick, nice note Eric and for tracking us down and giving us a shot. We are all about word-of-mouth so we certainly appreciate this link by Speednut Dave and mention on the forum. I hope we live up to your expectations for your N900.
If you do post, you can let folks know that "We ship to Europe everyday. If you would like just Suede Jackets the shipping price for Priority Mail in an envelope is only $15. When going through the shopping cart you will need to select the $25 option but we will change your shipping price to the lower $15 and you will see this change when we e-mail you your shipping confirmation. Also a good idea to write into the Special Instructions Box on the last secure ordering page "Please reduce my shipping charge to $15."
How about for shipping to Asia? Will they also reduce those too?

Im looking at buying a case like this

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-RUBBER-HA...item439bd7c3be

but do you think it would make the phone too bulky??

also im in australia, you know if i can get invisible shield or anything similar here??

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by BaKSo View Post
do you know is this link legit? i need to send it overseas and can't buy it from the link provided from the last pages. as they only ship withing europe.
That link's legit, yes - it's the UK branch of Amazon.

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Australia
Originally Posted by z3phyr View Post
also im in australia, you know if i can get invisible shield or anything similar here??
These guys will ship the Durasec.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DuraSec-NanoT...item518e9b2e4c

Be prepared to wait though. I ordered a fortnight ago and it's still on the way (well, it is from Germany).

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by Pack21 View Post
You could take a picture of the covers separately, on and out of N900, because the store does not have the detail?

thanks by advance!
OK here you are. Sorry it took a while because I had to borrow a camera (the N900 is normally my camera).

For those who weren't following the previous discussions, I've summarised the product after the photos. I'm not connected to the product in any way except as a customer.

Covers separately, off the N900, outside-up:
Name:  p1010025.jpg
Views: 4819
Size:  40.4 KB

Covers separately, off the N900, inside-up:
Name:  p1010026.jpg
Views: 4414
Size:  43.4 KB

N900 with covers snapped on, screen side:
Name:  p1010027.jpg
Views: 4564
Size:  36.3 KB

N900 with covers snapped on, keyboard open:
Name:  p1010029.jpg
Views: 4667
Size:  61.3 KB

N900 with covers snapped on, camera side:
Name:  p1010030.jpg
Views: 4489
Size:  36.2 KB

This is the Qubits Hybrid Armour Soft Touch Case with Screen Protector from Amazon UK. The total cost for the case and screen protector (including shipping!) was only £3.40. It arrived two days after I ordered it.

The screen protector came with an anti-static dust cloth which worked really well for cleaning the screen prior to application. Positioning the screen protector was much easier than the DuraSec which I have on my N810 (or maybe I was just lucky).

The screen protector has a great feel (smooth but not slippery) and I don't notice any reduction in sensitivity whether using finger or stylus. It has small cutouts around all the sensors and also around the little NOKIA bezel.

Included in the price is a two-part plastic "soft touch" case. It's a semi-hard ploastic case in two parts, with a rubbery coating on the outside surfaces. The top part clips around the screen, protecting the sides of the screen and providing a raised bezel effect (but the bezel doesn't go right up to the display area so it doesn't have the problems of the N8x0 bezels). The bottom part clips around the keyboard with cutouts for all the sockets and controls.

Before I had this case I was worried about getting out the slippery N900 when walking along, in case I dropped it. The case gives much better grip and I'm not at all concerned now.

There are three minor downsides though. First, it adds a millimetre of thickness (maybe even 1.5mm) but only at the front. At the back, it doesn't make it as thick as the existing camera protruberance. Second, when you open the keyboard, the presense of the top half of the case slightly reduces the "free space for fat fingers" above the top row of keys. I don't find this a problem, but for some people it might be a slight inconvenience. Third, it makes it slightly fiddlier to deploy the kickstand.

Regards,
Roger

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to eiffel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ CA USA
speednut in regards to the WaterField Case which Jacket Size did you order, or which number is for the N900

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sarpsborg, Norway
Hi all,

Which should I go for? invisibleSHIELD? Martin Fields? Some other brand?
I have good experience with Martin Fields on my N95, but that's of course not a touch screen...

Greetings,
Evert

Originally Posted by donno View Post
These guys will ship the Durasec.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DuraSec-NanoT...item518e9b2e4c

Be prepared to wait though. I ordered a fortnight ago and it's still on the way (well, it is from Germany).
thanks. anything else? i searched "n900" but didnt see that. was looking for a full body one though

found zagg invisible shield, shipping from uk. i like the anti glare feature on the durasec though, might just get that too.

Last edited by z3phyr; 2009-12-09 at 12:54.

Tags
accessories, accessory, case, gear, holster, n900, pouch, protection, screen protector