Active Topics

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by thiswayup View Post
mine is alive again. just spoke to a guy in the phillapenes, or nokia uk asx they're known. talked me through a couple of steps and all seems good reboot apparently is the phone refreshing it' s memory? right time to test to reboot.

my page on this screen is wrong i don't get to see all the page numbers ie next and last. any idea why?

thanks
Change your theme to the Dark lite version on these forums - posted about it in this thread a few million posts ago
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London
Noobmonkey any tips for my n900 ? Precautions? Whats apps to start with? Where to get them from? :P
UPDATE 12:35 7/12: Got called for Payment Confirmation, and was told delivery Tuesday! <3 UPDATE : Delivered Wednesday! Status + Email = Complete + Dispatched.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by SHR3WD View Post
Noobmonkey any tips for my n900 ? Precautions? Whats apps to start with? Where to get them from? :P
Oooo ... i'm be careful not to write a book here - as i'm writing my initial review at the moment - will post tonight

Well bearing in mind all of this is in my opinion, and the way i use things

Extra Apps can be found by clicking the top left menu item, and then More button.
In there is an "App Manger"

Click on the title at the top and open the app catalogue list.
Nokia applications is there, nokia system software updates is there and so is maemo extras

Maemo.org is there but you need to go into it to enable it i think
I've also added testing - so far no problems using any of them - but you need the "general warning" before you go in there - i have not dare ventured into the development one yet!

Maemo-testing settings can be found by using the wiki/tutorials pages - will post the links later after work

Really it's a case of go go go and test - do uninstall the apps you really won't use - as from what i hear if you fill up the app space available (2gb i think) it can brick your device Most app's are in the kb' sizes, so really not an issue. I think i have 35+ apps on mine at the moment

Nokia messaging and yahoo accounts is genius works amazingly
Pixelpipe - wow!
I snap a picture / take a screenshot, hit share and voila, flickr, twitter and facebook all updated in 1 second! - legendary!

Don't upgrade your pc suite to ovi suite when asked - ovi suite doesnt support the N900 yet - and it just wastes time!

Duratec screen protector is still cloudy, but only put it on this morning - bought loads of useful cables, chargers, car chargers, 1 great slip case and 1 crappy rubberized case (all cheap) - will review in my main post this evening

^ its a start! hehe - anything i missed you wanna know?
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 167 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warwickshire
Cheers NM.

As for what they took me through I think it was just a backup and reset. Seems to work a treat now. Recognises the correct internet, it hasn't .......you know .............the R word, so far and charges on all chargers now???

Had a thought if ours were delayed coz they were having the new firmware put on perhaps whoever was doing it missed out a couple of steps on the odd one?

N900 ordered 9/11 Got 05/12 Being sent back soon- keeps rebooting!!!! 10/12 I became the proud owner of the Nokia N900 door stop/paperweight.
11/12 became the proud owner of handset no2

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Rochdale UK
Originally Posted by SHR3WD View Post
So should i power it on? or let it fully charge?
It's on charging atm :/
I charge mine for 3hrs and the on the screen comes up fullycharged and I start using the phone but battery gone after 3hrs I phone nokia Thay said for first time I should charge it over night and that's wot I'm gone do tonight lol.some ppl think it doesn't mater but according to nokia it should be that way and u can use it whiles charging that doesn't harm ur battery life.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ehsangreat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 200 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
Oooo ...
^ its a start! hehe - anything i missed you wanna know?
Hmm great! Thanks a bunch friend
That seems enough for now to play with my n900 xD

btw is there any DSP Music Player app that has good sound quality i hate builtin MPs, :/
UPDATE 12:35 7/12: Got called for Payment Confirmation, and was told delivery Tuesday! <3 UPDATE : Delivered Wednesday! Status + Email = Complete + Dispatched.

Posts: 167 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warwickshire
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
Change your theme to the Dark lite version on these forums - posted about it in this thread a few million posts ago
You Sir, are a freakin genius.

N900 ordered 9/11 Got 05/12 Being sent back soon- keeps rebooting!!!! 10/12 I became the proud owner of the Nokia N900 door stop/paperweight.
11/12 became the proud owner of handset no2

guess whose fone just turned up? obviosuly royal mail before 1pm means nothing anymore.....lol yay!!!!!!!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to jotei66 For This Useful Post:
Guys should I take this as positive news or not ?

But just got email from MPD Sailsbury

Our webshop dept have told me you should get this by Monday at the latest,i apologise but they have been inundated with enormous amount of pre-orders and has had an effect on deliveries.
We will not charge you for delivery cost.
regards
mark
Ordered 4th December 2009 - Heard didly squat to date-but then again im not expecting too-although advertising on your site order before 3 will be with you next day is false advertising (this is a long signature)phone arrived 10/12/09 at 12.55

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
Originally Posted by ehsangreat View Post
I charge mine for 3hrs and the on the screen comes up fullycharged and I start using the phone but battery gone after 3hrs
There's plenty of advice in a more on-topic thread about turning off stuff to improve run time.