Originally Posted by labra View Post
yes, it is self signed, but should there be something more special set to the certificate?

did you see this post , might help

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...6&postcount=98

Not sure the N900 deals with self signed certs.

If you have a symbian device using M4E currently working, you can check what your cert says under tools->settings->General->Security->certificate management->Trusted Sites.

My one shows both the trusted site and the root cert issuer.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by physiemist View Post
Hi all,
Thanks to this forum I think I have finally been able to sync reproducibly to mail for exchange! Here is what I have found:
I started, as most, trying to sync and getting the error "either exchange server requires secure connection or account is disabled" (I’m running Firmware v: 1.2009.42-11)
So I imported a Certificate since the program does not do it automatically (Please Nokia this should be fixed!). Like Mikec wrote in a previous post: if you have OWA (outlook web access) surf to it using your computer. (if not request the certificate(s) from your administrators), You will notice a padlock at the end of the address bar on IE7, Click the padlock, Click "view certificates", Click the "Details" tab, Click "Copy to File", A Wizard will start up. If you have a certificate chain like we do, just exporting to a Base-64-encoded X.509(.CER) will not work! You can see the certificate but the install will not appear. Create instead a PKCS 7 (.P7B) and include all certificates. Click next and save it somewhere. Now open the file and you will find a different view. Go to the certificates and start the procedure again for all of them in the chain to Base-64-encoded X.509(.CER). We have 3 in our chain (4 including the user certificate that you will not be able to import. (actually you can import the PKCS 7 file into the N900, but I have not tried to see if it works) I installed PC suite and copied the 3 files over to my N900 via Bluetooth.
1. I confirm that: exchange 2003 does not work, but 2007 does. Very few systems work with 2003 because it is not a good program! 2007 must also be set to allow non-provisionable devices.
2. The Region for some reason needs to be the same in the system and in MFE (if you use settings -> mail for exchange, you don’t have to set this and is not an issue.)
3. The missing point that I discovered, when importing the certificates they must be set as “server” and not as “E-mail”…..go figure!
I think that is all, Thank you all for your posts!

Nice to hear that someone gets MfE up and running... I did as you suggested (tried even importing the PKCS 7 file), but still no success. Any more ideas?

Edit:
Now got it working, see http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=312

Last edited by labra; 2009-12-12 at 05:43. Reason: Got it working

The Following User Says Thank You to labra For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
did you see this post , might help

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...6&postcount=98

Not sure the N900 deals with self signed certs.

If you have a symbian device using M4E currently working, you can check what your cert says under tools->settings->General->Security->certificate management->Trusted Sites.

My one shows both the trusted site and the root cert issuer.
Yes, I saw the post but working like that does not help. Always the same error.

Yes, I saw the post but working like that does not help. Always the same error.
Hi!

Now I managed to solve this. I added the cert to the certificate store. By going though the /home/user/ directory I found out that these certificates are put to /home/user/.maemosec-certs/ssl-ca/ -directory. The /home/user/.activesync/certs/ -directory does not have any symlinks to there. I manually symlinked the imported certificate from the .maemosec-certs/ssl-ca/ -directory to the activesync's directory, and it works!

(though it shouldn't be this hard)...

BR, Lari

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to labra For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by twoboxen View Post
I got the calendar & contacts to sync with google, but really they're not "synced"... only the initial one worked. No updates to the calendar (even one a week old) showed up on the n900.
I have the same problem: my contacts were transferred to the n900 during the initial sync but now none of the changes that I made on the n900 are synced back to my google contacts online. Is everyone in the same boat right now or is there a solutions to this?

I am only syncing contacts though MfE right now (and using IMAP for Google Mail). Is there any way to sync multiple google calendars with the N900 (there used to be an app for previous Maemo versions called Erming http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/erminig/ ) but I don't think it works in Maemo 5....any suggestions on how to get multiple calendar sync working?

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Reston, VA
Originally Posted by physiemist View Post
Hi all,
Thanks to this forum I think I have finally been able to sync reproducibly to mail for exchange! Here is what I have found:
I started, as most, trying to sync and getting the error "either exchange server requires secure connection or account is disabled" (I’m running Firmware v: 1.2009.42-11)
So I imported a Certificate since the program does not do it automatically (Please Nokia this should be fixed!). Like Mikec wrote in a previous post: if you have OWA (outlook web access) surf to it using your computer. (if not request the certificate(s) from your administrators), You will notice a padlock at the end of the address bar on IE7, Click the padlock, Click "view certificates", Click the "Details" tab, Click "Copy to File", A Wizard will start up. If you have a certificate chain like we do, just exporting to a Base-64-encoded X.509(.CER) will not work! You can see the certificate but the install will not appear. Create instead a PKCS 7 (.P7B) and include all certificates. Click next and save it somewhere. Now open the file and you will find a different view. Go to the certificates and start the procedure again for all of them in the chain to Base-64-encoded X.509(.CER). We have 3 in our chain (4 including the user certificate that you will not be able to import. (actually you can import the PKCS 7 file into the N900, but I have not tried to see if it works) I installed PC suite and copied the 3 files over to my N900 via Bluetooth.
1. I confirm that: exchange 2003 does not work, but 2007 does. Very few systems work with 2003 because it is not a good program! 2007 must also be set to allow non-provisionable devices.
2. The Region for some reason needs to be the same in the system and in MFE (if you use settings -> mail for exchange, you don’t have to set this and is not an issue.)
3. The missing point that I discovered, when importing the certificates they must be set as “server” and not as “E-mail”…..go figure!
I think that is all, Thank you all for your posts!
the only issue is if you company will not allow it to be used with the server. no matter what you do, it will not work.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Austin, TX
I recently tried to get this configured for my N900 with my company's setup (it seems to be a Lotus setup that supports ActiveSync), in the setup instructions provided by my company's IT infrastructure group, it states that the server should be configured as:
"$HOST.$MYCOMPANYSDOMAIN.com/servlet/traveler"
(portions redacted on-purpose)
however attempting to add the path aft-FQDN greys the "Next" button.

I remove the offending relative path info from the server field and choose "Next", I am then greeted by a "Configured Server is not an Exchange server" banner (probably correctly so; there's a pre-mail web interface at the root). Thoughts? Anyone else face this and conquer it?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Not sure if this is relevant but my Calendar and Tasks sync'd perfectly today. I can't be sure, but the one setting I changed was "Calendar", I set it to "Create New".

Didn't sync contacts or mail.

Hi!

Now I managed to solve this. I added the cert to the certificate store. By going though the /home/user/ directory I found out that these certificates are put to /home/user/.maemosec-certs/ssl-ca/ -directory. The /home/user/.activesync/certs/ -directory does not have any symlinks to there. I manually symlinked the imported certificate from the .maemosec-certs/ssl-ca/ -directory to the activesync's directory, and it works!

(though it shouldn't be this hard)...

BR, Lari
I wonder if you have just found a way round the self signed certs. Either way those symlinks have not been created for you automagically.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hannover, Germany
short info:

I need MfE working with z-push (http://z-push.sourceforge.net/soswp/) and as z-push itself is generic I need it working with kolabzpush backend (http://kolabzpush.sourceforge.net/)

Although kolabzpush is a new kid in town its known to work with iphone and WiMo clients for calendar and contacts - that everything I need as Kolab (http://www.kolab.org) is basically an IMAP server.

I'm quite happy that the main developer of kolabzpush tries everything to get things working between N900 and N900 MfE. Meanwhile we are in singlestep debugging mode - Alain Abbas you are my hero of today :-)

If he succeed I will report - also if not ;-)

Bye

Thorsten

Last edited by schnebeck; 2009-12-11 at 21:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to schnebeck For This Useful Post:

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!