Originally Posted by euchreprof View Post
#1... Upgrade your Nokia N800 to "OS 2007 edition v. 3.2007.10-7"

I bought a "Hauppauge WinTV PVR USB2 Personal Video Recorder" for my PC notebook and I schedule alot of programs to record Live TV while I am away. I record at the lowest setting (MPEG1 VCD = 352x240 Screen Resolution, 1150 Video Birate, 224 Audio Birate) and this give me 6 hours of unconverted TV on a 4GB SD card and it runs perfectly! I only use this method if I do not have time to convert the TV recordings (I need to hurry up and goto work). I wish I could manually change the settings on the Hauppauge WinTV to get a smaller file but oh well... this is where the wonderful program "Media Converter 1.30" comes into play... I usually use this program to convert these huge files down to much smaller files (N800 Highest Movie Quality = 400x240 Screen Resolution, 512 Video Birate, 64 Audio Birate, "NO" CROP VIDEO, "YES" 2 PASSES, "YES" ENHANCE COLOR, "YES" AUDIO GAIN) and this gives me 15 hours per 4GB SD card and it runs perfectly!

Thanks for the advice. I have already upgraded to the latest OS. Excuse the newbie question (this stuff is all new to me), but if I've got a DVD sitting in my computer's drive, how do I get these shows into the format that can be dropped for conversion into Media Converter? Also, soundsl like you have had no trouble using a 4GB SD card, even though the Nokia is only claiming to work with up to 2 GB cards, right?

Well Mark... someone else will have to let you know about that because I don't even own a DVD disk with a movie on it to even try it for you... did you download and install "Media Converter 1.30"?

If you are running WinXP go here to download and install on your PC computer...
https://garage.maemo.org/frs/downloa...dows_setup.exe

Oh and the 4GB Transcend 150X SD works absolutely perfect! I got them all of eBay for $60USD.