Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
that bit really does rock doesnt it - Can't wait for Hermes to be bug free - took me an hour or so, but connected my phonebook to facebook, and all the email addresses and birthdays + pictures synced (Just dont link the wrong contact to the wrong facebook friend - nightmare to reverse, and my gf's sis now has a pic of a bald fat bloke lol....)
how does skype work?
Ordered 4th December 2009 - Heard didly squat to date-but then again im not expecting too-although advertising on your site order before 3 will be with you next day is false advertising (this is a long signature)phone arrived 10/12/09 at 12.55

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ South Yorkshire
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
Sorry to hear that. They do seem to have a bit more stock now, so hopefully it will get sorted quick. By the way my one came with a RM return bag did yours?
Yes it did, thanks. I have the stuff to send it back- just need thereturns number now. I've taken advice and emailed Karl about it. I know he won't be there today, but if he gets back to me tomorrow I can send it off asap.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by mtagt56 View Post
how does skype work?
that's a very big question!

Is your question more like - How does skype integrate with the N900, and how is it used in this context?

Skype integrates with the phone function, so if you add a skype address into your contacts, and register your skype on the phone, you can see when people are online and skype them just as though you are calling them.

Skype messages appear in conversations, just like a text message

Having had over 24 hours of using it pretty solidly, I can't seem to fall in love with it.

Having come from an iPhone, I hate to say it as I really dislike Apple, but I think the iPhone is better.

Obviously the N900 has it's advantages, better camera, ability to expand memory, detachable battery. But then the Media player is not as good (could do with better Podcast and Audiobook intergration). The screen doesn't feel as natural as the Capacative one on the iPhone. Also Ovi Maps is a bit poo to be honest. Would also love an indicator on my desktop icons to show how many emails or texts I have, but can't seem to find a way of doing so??

I really want to love the N900, I really do. But find myself wondering whether I should swap it for a iPhone 3GS 32gb.....

What to do, what to do...

Originally Posted by CharlieCharlie View Post
Having had over 24 hours of using it pretty solidly, I can't seem to fall in love with it.

Having come from an iPhone, I hate to say it as I really dislike Apple, but I think the iPhone is better.

Obviously the N900 has it's advantages, better camera, ability to expand memory, detachable battery. But then the Media player is not as good (could do with better Podcast and Audiobook intergration). The screen doesn't feel as natural as the Capacative one on the iPhone. Also Ovi Maps is a bit poo to be honest. Would also love an indicator on my desktop icons to show how many emails or texts I have, but can't seem to find a way of doing so??

I really want to love the N900, I really do. But find myself wondering whether I should swap it for a iPhone 3GS 32gb.....

What to do, what to do...
Must say the slide out keyboard is an absolute joy to use and that's coming from someone with big fingers!

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by CharlieCharlie View Post
Must say the slide out keyboard is an absolute joy to use and that's coming from someone with big fingers!
hehe i agree

The iphone argument allways depends on the person... i would love a mix of both... usability of the iphone V the Power of the n900 + abilities....

I couldnt personally goto the iphone.... it just desont have the things i need + keyboard, camera is too low for me, and the multi-tasking i really enjoy
Loving the built in fm transmitter too

Originally Posted by thechosenmonkey View Post
Hi Adam, I ordered Wednesday night and my status was 'Pending Stock' the following morning. I think it only goes to that if you have passed the check.
mine might be taking longer because of the weekend im not sure but i cannot see pending stock anywhere? surely they would let me know if i didnt pass the check right?

You can track your order on the MPD/NR site by logging in and going to track order. That should give you a status update.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
My battery kinda sucks... I don't even have a SIM in... is it because it auto connects to my WiFi at home?

Quick question.

Recieved the phone a few days ago (perfect). I had to pay £89.99 for the phone but I've not been charged. Should I expect someone to call me asking for payment or will it be incorporated into my first months bill?