Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Dec 2009
can somebody post a youtube video on how to do this. I just dont follow the certificate business. I find a certificate, but there a bunch of files that i can save on my pc, but which file and how to upload.....

Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Dec 2009
Nokia's monumental failure at corporate email. Why would anyone in their right mind HAVE TO import certificates? Even a freaking iphone doesnt have any of these issues

NOKIA needs to fire all the software writers and spend some money to poach good software developers from iphone

Originally Posted by mikec View Post
Welcome to the forum, please see the wiki on Email Options

http://wiki.maemo.org/N900_Email_Options
Thanks Mike,

After looking at the link, it does suggest that i can connect to Microsoft Outlook & sync my mails, Calendars,Notes, Task.

However I have mail for exchange also on Nokia 5800 & it has no option of syncing the mails offline, as the access point is suggested to be only WAP or Internet, though my microsoft outlook is only accessible on a VPN connectivity.

Is it possible to sync my outlook mails downloaded on Laptop with N900. My usage would be check some unread mails during the day & reply them in offline mode & when i sync N900 to Laptop again, it sends the reply via Laptop connectivity.

Hope i have been a lil more clear on what i am expecting.

Originally Posted by livelivetofullest View Post
Thanks Mike,

After looking at the link, it does suggest that i can connect to Microsoft Outlook & sync my mails, Calendars,Notes, Task.

However I have mail for exchange also on Nokia 5800 & it has no option of syncing the mails offline, as the access point is suggested to be only WAP or Internet, though my microsoft outlook is only accessible on a VPN connectivity.

Is it possible to sync my outlook mails downloaded on Laptop with N900. My usage would be check some unread mails during the day & reply them in offline mode & when i sync N900 to Laptop again, it sends the reply via Laptop connectivity.

Hope i have been a lil more clear on what i am expecting.
Did you not use PC suite or Ovi Suite with your 5800? This syncs Outlook via USB cable to your laptop.
The N900 supports PC Suit.

Originally Posted by Guber99 View Post
Nokia's monumental failure at corporate email. Why would anyone in their right mind HAVE TO import certificates? Even a freaking iphone doesnt have any of these issues

NOKIA needs to fire all the software writers and spend some money to poach good software developers from iphone
Er... auto import would be nice, but normally in a corporate environment your IT department would provide you with the cert and install it for your. Installing it manually allows you to bypass the IT department

I,m not sure your apple comment is right either,and certainly are not constructive.

http://images.apple.com/iphone/busin...rtificates.pdf

The Following User Says Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by t0mmych4n View Post
OK I got certificate installed but still getting 'exchange account disabled access refused' error.

Any ideas?
I have the same error. It's not a certificate problem but probably your exchange server doesn't allow non-provisionable devices (like the N900).

Originally Posted by mikec View Post
Did you not use PC suite or Ovi Suite with your 5800? This syncs Outlook via USB cable to your laptop.
The N900 supports PC Suit.
I have used PC Suite for the same. I get my contacts, Calendar updated along with the Task from Outlook, however mails dont get synchronized..

Originally Posted by livelivetofullest View Post
I have used PC Suite for the same. I get my contacts, Calendar updated along with the Task from Outlook, however mails dont get synchronized..
Your Outlook at home is set up with some mail account with some mail server which delivers mail to your Outlook Inbox.

Look at the mail account settings in your Outlook at home and set up the same mail account in N900 (not as a Mail for Exchange account but as an ordinary (or IMAP) account). That way you get the functionality you seek.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IlkkaP For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by IlkkaP View Post
Your Outlook at home is set up with some mail account with some mail server which delivers mail to your Outlook Inbox.

Look at the mail account settings in your Outlook at home and set up the same mail account in N900 (not as a Mail for Exchange account but as an ordinary (or IMAP) account). That way you get the functionality you seek.
Thanks for the suggestion IkkaP i tried the same & now am able to do so. Now my clear choice for next mobile is Nokia N900...thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to livelivetofullest For This Useful Post:
I'm really hoping to see native Google/MfE integration, rather than a 3rd party implementation (which there's no way in hell I'm trusting with my credentials unless I have the source and compile it myself). The framework is in place, why reinvent the wheel?

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!