Guys it may be me but does the n900 screen not light up to show you have a text message, or does it just remain dark ??

Im sorry if thsi has been posted else where I did a search but cudnt see anything
Ordered 4th December 2009 - Heard didly squat to date-but then again im not expecting too-although advertising on your site order before 3 will be with you next day is false advertising (this is a long signature)phone arrived 10/12/09 at 12.55

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Go To: Menu> settings > Notification Light.
You will find a lot good settings there for notification.
In your case uncheck Device On.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikhmv For This Useful Post:
My Nokia Messaging has been on the fritz. I have now had to "reinstall" NM twice on my N900. I will go into Nokia Messaging and it prompts me to through the installation process. After installation, the messaging is very laggy and gets hung up, to the point where it "deletes" itself and I have to go through the installation wizard again. Pretty dang frustrating, to say the least. Any ideas out there?

Nokia Messaging is really getting me, I had to remove account after it started to sync same messages several times (works ok in N97. Could not get it fixed and cancelled my ac on website and now can't get new account with any of my phones or pc's.

Originally Posted by Random View Post
Nokia Messaging is really getting me, I had to remove account after it started to sync same messages several times (works ok in N97. Could not get it fixed and cancelled my ac on website and now can't get new account with any of my phones or pc's.
Getting to me too. Far far too slow to open a message and very often fails to push email.

Works fine here in the UK with Googlemail.
Sounds like you boys might have a set up issue.

if you go into edit accounts , how many accounts have you got and what are they. If you have other accounts accidently set up, it might be worh deleting them.

also once you have done this edit the Nokia Messaging account and check your send and receive options. default is every 15 min. sounds like you want as soon as possible.

Don*t think so I had it working in N900 (until until syncing same messages again continuesly) Have used in E90,E75 and N97.

Are you sure that you are talking about Nokia Messaging with push?

I can get all POP etc accounts working even Gmail but not under Nokia Messaging .

Randall

I am writing the wiki page http://wiki.maemo.org/N900_Email_Options

so yes I am sure its Nokia messaging with push. Can you confirm what I asked above. ie how many accounts have you got set up and have you looked at the settings. It would be good if you could post so we can compare against mine. Only trying to help

Mike C

Originally Posted by mikec View Post
Randall

I am writing the wiki page http://wiki.maemo.org/N900_Email_Options

so yes I am sure its Nokia messaging with push. Can you confirm what I asked above. ie how many accounts have you got set up and have you looked at the settings. It would be good if you could post so we can compare against mine. Only trying to help

Mike C
Currently non as I cacelled my account in http://email.nokia.com/account/home.action but can't get new acount builded even with totally new user even with other phones.

It just get to same point asking to get to phones setup and start from there but after all don similarly that before I got another regular POP. Prior cancelling my account on Nokia site I managed to the point when is started to connect to server after typing Nokia messaging urs and pwd but after one I had for 2hr's trying to get onwards but no.

Which part of the world are you in? Also have you switched your Gmail to IMAP, the user experience is much better.